The objective of this module is to present the major features of boiler operation. Start-up, shutdown, and on-load conditions are dealt with, including a discussion on potential hazards and boiler protection devices.
- Start-up procedure.
- Factors controlling pressure raising.
- Operation of drains and vents.
- Shutdown procedure.
- Standby condition.
- On-load operation.
- Steam pressure and temperature control.
- Efficient combustion control.
- Monitoring O2, CO and excess air.
- Effects of sulfur in fuel.
- Combating low temperature corrosion.
- Ash related problems, slagging.
- Soot blowers.
- High temperature vanadium corrosion.
- Typical monitoring points on the boiler.
- Operator's interface.
- Boiler operating hazards.
- Protection equipment, alarms and trips
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations of successfully completing your Course!Please take a moment to fill out the NERC survey below:SURVEY
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.