Online Interactive |
CREDIT HOURS: 4 |
This course provides you with the necessary knowledge and techniques you need to be a responsible seller of alcohol. Specifically, you will learn how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability; how alcohol affects your customers; how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers; how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated; how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone; how to prevent and deal with disturbances; how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors; how to prevent second-party sales; and how to refuse a sale.
Individuals serving and / or selling alcohol to the public,
End of Course Instructions
Upon completion of the course, your certificate of completion will be available for download.
Each quiz must be passed with a 70% or higher to move to next lesson.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.
- Describe second-party sales and how to prevent them.
- Discuss the unique challenges in carding for tobacco.
- Identify Wisconsin tobacco-related laws and regulations
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
Lesson 6: How to Refuse a Sale
Lesson 7: Wisconsin Alcohol Laws
Lesson 8: Tobacco Sales and Wisconsin Law
The final exam must be successfully passed with a 70% or higher to receive the certificate of completion.