We all have witnessed how trends shift from West to East, be it fashion, food, training and education or any other industry. We’re observing same shift of trend in the e-learning industry. The history of the word eLearning is associated with a CBT seminar held in LA in October 1999, where a new word e-learning was associated with the different modalities of online education and distance learning. Since then the e-learning has emerged as an industry and been on a continuous growth trend.
An upward trend has been recorded in the global e-learning market as well, based on the latest statistics the compound annual growth rate of 7.90% over the period of 2012 to 2016. 70% of the eLearning market is consumed by the US and Europe and now the trend are shifting towards Asia Pacific region. Based on a report Malaysia and Vietnam are fastest growing e-learning markets.
Philippines market is also in the phase of adapting e-Learning but classroom trainings are still popular, possibly because eLearning is considered as an expensive and sophisticated mode of training but the veracity is different.
Here are some facts about eLearning;
- ELearning is a $56.2 Billion business and is likely to double by 2015
- Companies save 50 to 70% if they shift from instructor led training to eLearning
- eLearning courses are generally 30 to 60% shorter in duration than traditional classes
- Interactivity in the courses to keep the learners engaged
- Quiz at the end of each lesson to ensure the learners are understanding the key aspects of the training
- Learning on the go – get trained anywhere and everywhere, all you need is internet connectivity, login on your personal computer, IPAD or a smart phone and get trained – 24 X 7 Anytime, Anywhere Access
While we talked about the trends and basics facts about eLearning, now let’s talk about what should be the considerations while selecting an eLearning provider;
- Accreditations and Approvals by reputable institutions and government
- User-friendly interface
- Use of interactive tools in the trainings
- The ability to train a widely distributed workforce
- Robust administration and reporting tools
- A Broad Array of Courses for Your Employees
- Easy-to-use Credit Card Registration or Corporate Billing
- A cost effective alternative to classroom training
- An effective means for minimizing your risk and exposure
- 24 x7 Customer Support