Managing Projects with Microsoft Visual Studio TFS 2013
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
and Team Foundation Server 2013.
This course focuses on the MSF for Agile Software Development 7.0 process template and includes many of the practices commonly used by Agile Scrum teams.
In this course, attendees will plan a new software development project and go through the steps to initiate the project using Visual Studio 2013. This includes recording requirements, using storyboards to prototype experiences and creating their product backlog. Weâll cover planning and running a
sprint as well as using the taskboard and burndown chart to track progress. On the second day of the course, weâll look at focusing on quality, stakeholder feedback, team collaboration and getting regular stakeholder feedback.
The final module of the course looks at the many reports out of the box with TFS 2013 and how you can create your own reports quickly and easily using Microsoft Excel.
At the completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the full feature-set of Microsoftâs Application Lifecycle Management suite
- Understand how Work Item tracking can be used across the entire team
- Create custom work item queries, chart queries and pin to team dashboards
- Use a variety of client tools to interact with team members and TFS
- Initiate a new Team Project in TFS 2013
- Enter requirements into TFS including storyboards to illustrate requirements and experiences
- Record estimates in TFS
- Plan and run a sprint including tracking progress using taskboards and burndown charts
- Understand a number of the quality indicators available in TFS
- Use dashboards to view appropriate groups of reports
- Record team capacity and monitor a teamâs velocity
- Capture quality feedback from stakeholders
- Configure alerts and notifications for team members
- Understand the out of the box reports and what they can tell us about our project
- Create adhoc reports using Microsoft Excel
Module 1: Introducing the Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 family
- Whatâs new in Visual Studio 2013
- Overview of the Visual Studio 2013 family
- Overview of product features
- Project workflow across the Visual Studio 2013 suite of products
- Organizing projects in TFS
- Understanding Process Templates
- Creating a new Team Project
- Setting Team Project properties
- Scheduling sprints and releases
- Switching between team projects
- Overview of Work Items
- Traceability between work items
- Creating custom queries
- Work item charting and pinning charts
- Work item tagging
- Configuring project alerts and notifications
- Examining Requirement types in TFS
- Creating portfolio backlogs
- Creating requirement hierarchies using features
- Storing Requirements in TFS
- Overview of Storyboarding capabilities
- Creating a storyboard to illustrate a requirement
- Linking a storyboard to a work item
- Creating backlog items
- Prioritizing the backlog
- Estimating items on the backlog
- Techniques for improving estimations
- Grooming the backlog
- Understanding team capacity
- Selecting items for the sprint backlog
- Forecasting using team capacity
- Tracking progress using the taskboard
- Using Burndown charts to track progress
- Monitoring quality in your projects
- Quality indicators in TFS
- Understanding Check-in policies
- Introducing the Microsoft Feedback Client
- Using the Microsoft Feedback Client to provide rich feedback to the team
- Adding continuous feedback into your workflow
- An overview of the various TFS clients
- The use of email in sharing information
- Using the Team Room
- Choosing the appropriate client tool
- Overview of Reporting Architecture
- Reviewing the out of the box reports
- Adding new reports
- Creating ad-hoc reports using Excel
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global is led by a team of individuals with world-class experience in professional development skills and leading edge technologies. These established professionals collaborate to drive PPG's business forward through entrepreneurial innovation, strategic partnerships, brand management and sales growth.
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.