TFS 2013 Developer Fundamentals
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
The course introduces the various components that make up Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 and the benefits of an integrated Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) suite. You will learn how to create and configure a Team Project and manage work efficiently using linked Work Items and customised queries.
The second major focus of the course examines how to use the version control system to check-in/check-out, branch, merge, shelve and much more. We cover workspaces and explain when to choose local and when to choose server workspaces.
This course looks at some of the code quality features in Visual Studio 2013 including the Visual Studio Test Explorer and the Code Review features. This course includes hands-on labs to reinforce practical skills and ensure youâre ready to use the tools on your return to your workplace.
- Create, configure and manage Team Projects
- Manage work using Work Items including configuring links correctly
- Create and customise Work Item Queries to find and organise work
- Use the version control system effectively including branching and workspaces
- Use the code quality features in Visual Studio 2012 including Test Explorer and Code Reviews
- View the built-in reports available in TFS 2012
- Use multiple client interfaces including TWA, Team Explorer and Microsoft Office
- Creating Team Projects
- Understanding Team Project Collections
- Configuring permissions
- Deleting Team Projects
- Introduction to Work Items
- Creating Work Items
- Linking Work Items to provide traceability
- Creating and using custom Work Item Queries
- Create source control folder structures
- Setting team project wide source control settings
- Setup and manage workspaces
- Change sets and Shelving
- Understanding branching and merging
- Backward compatibility using the MSSCCI provider
- Defining a branching strategy
- How to branch
- Branch visualization and tracking changes
- Merging and resolving conflicts
- Custom differencing tools
- Unit Testing in Visual Studio
- Visual Studio Test Explorer
- Code Metrics
- Code Clone Analysis
- Requesting a code review
- Responding to a request for code review
- Providing code review feedback
- IntelliTrace debugging scenarios
- Debugging with IntelliTrace
- Collecting IntelliTrace information
- Navigation with IntelliTrace
- Understanding Build infrastructure
- MSBuild vs Team Build
- Creating build definitions
- Understanding Build workflow
- Monitoring Builds
- Using the Project Portal
- Storing project documents in the document library
- Linking documents to Work Items
Attendees should be familiar with Visual Studio and the basic use of Team Foundation Server.
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.