Visual Studio 2015 Developer Enterprise Features
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
The Enterprise Edition is the âfully loadedâ edition of Visual Studio and includes features that can improve your code testing, including the Fakes Framework and IntelliTest. There are also many new features to improve debugging and troubleshooting your code, including IntelliTrace as well as the Performance and Diagnostics Hub. Finally, weâll take a look at Code Visualisation and some of the modelling tools available to you. This course includes hands-on labs to reinforce practical skills and ensure youâre ready to use the tools upon your return to your workplace.
- Understand the features available in Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise Edition
- Create work item charts and customize the team dashboard
- Improve unit testing through the use of the Fakes Framework
- Use code coverage to help assess unit test coverage
- Use the new IntelliTest feature to increase test coverage
- Understand how to use IntelliTrace to fault-find more efficiently
- Use the standalone IntelliTrace collector
- Utilize the Performance and Diagnostics Hub
- Analyze application usage of CPU, memory, and network resources
- Create and use code maps to visualize code for better understanding
- Create basic application models, including layer diagrams
- Request and track stakeholder feedback
Module 1 - An overview of Visual Studio 2015
- A look at the Visual Studio 2015 family
- Visual Studio Online
- A lap around the Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise features
- A review of work items and work item queries
- Creating work item charts
- Configuring the team home page
- Review of writing and running unit tests
- Using code coverage
- Installing third-party unit test frameworks
- Introducing Microsoft Fakes
- Using stubs and shims
- Optimizing the generation of Fakes
- Enhancing our unit testing using IntelliTest
- What is IntelliTrace?
- Where does IntelliTrace fit in?
- The new IntelliTrace UI experience
- Living debugging using F5
- Understanding symbol files
- Configuring IntelliTrace options
- Using the standalone collector
- What are the diagnostic tools?
- Navigating the Performance and Diagnostics Hub
- Analyzing UI responsiveness
- Analyzing CPU usage
- Analyzing memory usage
- Analyzing network usage
- Map dependencies across your solutions
- Debug your application using code maps
- Using code map analyzers
- Creating layer diagrams
- Creating models for your application
- Modelling your application architecture
- Module 8 - Enhancing Stakeholder Feedback
- Introducing the Microsoft Feedback Client
- Using the Microsoft Feedback Client to provide rich feedback to the team
- Adding continuous feedback into your workflow
- An overview of the testing tools
- An overview of release management
Before attending this course, attendees are expected to be proficient developers with over 2 yearsâ experience using Visual Studio to develop .NET applications.
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global is led by a team of individuals with world-class experience in professional development skills and leading edge technologies. These established professionals collaborate to drive PPG's business forward through entrepreneurial innovation, strategic partnerships, brand management and sales growth.
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.