Linux Shell Programming for Beginners
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Language: English
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Audience: Anyone who wants to be a skilled linux user and developer will find this course useful
The UNIX or Linux operating system is a powerful tool for designing other operating systems or coding apps, systems and even websites. However, it has this little hitch - you need to use tons of commands to get the system to program. This is where developers waste much of their time, repeating monotonous tasks.
What would you say, if I said you could automate these tasks?
Well, with BASH (Bourne Again Shell) you can. BASH is a UNIX shell and a command language that interprets and executes commands from the standard input or a file. However, you don't always have to call commands continuously. The best part about BASH is that you can automate commands so that they can run automatically, reducing the amount of coding you have to do.
Here's a course that can teach you to do just that! Our BASH course is perfect to teach you how to automate tasks, write shell scripts, learn the inner workings of command history, variables, and even the echo command. You don't even have to be from a programming background to learn with this course. All you need is a little familiarity with UNIX/Linux and have a UNIX/Linux machine (can even be virtual). This course will do the rest and take you on a journey that you will remember for a lifetime.
This BASH course will start from the basics and answer any questions you have about BASH and writing Shell scripts. It will cover topics such as what is a shell, what is a shell script, difference between an interactive shell and a shell script, customizing your shell, conditional statements, loops, command-line options and so much more.
We don't believe in only theoretical learning, so at each step you will find numerous examples that will show you exactly how to write the script, why a particular script works in a particular manner and examples of that script and what it does when executed.
- How to write well documented, modular, efficient, and complex shell scripts
- How to automate your daily routing jobs
- A firm grasp of general programming concepts such as loops, commands, statements
- How to effectively write command line processing, process management and even manipulate command-line functions
- A basis of programming concepts that can help you learn high-level programming languages such as Java or C#
- With so much packed in this tiny course, it is perfect for you to start learning BASH
- Section 1: Course Introduction
- Section 2: Introduction to Bash
- Section 3: Command Line Tips and Tricks
- Section 4: Customizing your Shell
- Section 5: Understanding Shell Scripts
- Section 6: Condition and Loops
- Section 7: Command Line Options
- Section 8: Bash Input Output
- Section 9: Process Management
- Section 10: Bash Administration
- Section 11: Best practices
- Section 12: Summary
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.