Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
The lab scenarios in this course are selected to support and demonstrate the structure of various application scenarios. They are intended to focus on the principles and coding components/structures that are used to establish an HTML5 software application.
This course uses Visual Studio 2012, running on Windows 8
- Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a Web application.
- Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and jQuery AJAX operations.
- Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
Module 1: Overview of HTML and CSS
This module provides an overview of HTML and CSS, and describes how to use Visual Studio 2012 to build a Web application.
- Overview of HTML
- Overview of CSS
- Creating a Web Application by Using Visual Studio 2012
- Walkthrough of the Contoso Conference Application
- Examining and Modifying the Contoso Conference Application
This module describes the new features of HTML5, and explains how to create and style HTML5 pages.
- Creating an HTML5 Page
- Styling an HTML5 Page
- Creating HTML5 Pages
- Styling HTML5 Pages
- Introduction to jQuery
- Displaying Data Programmatically
- Handling Events
- Overview of Forms and Input Types
- Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
- Creating a Form and Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
This module describes how to send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using an XMLHTTPRequest object and by performing jQuery AJAX operations.
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using XMLHTTPRequest
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using jQuery AJAX operations
- Retrieving Data
- Serializing and Transmitting Data
- Refactoring the Code by Using jQuery ajax method
This module describes how to style HTML5 pages and elements by using the new features available in CSS3.
- Styling Text
- Styling Block Elements
- CSS3 Selectors
- Enhancing Graphical Effects by Using CSS3
- Styling the Navigation Bar
- Styling the Page Header
- Styling the About Page
- Creating Custom Objects
- Extending Objects
- Inheriting From Objects
- Refactoring Code to Use Objects
This module describes how to use some common HTML5 APIs to add interactive features to a Web application. This module also explains how to debug and profile a Web application.
- Interacting with Files
- Incorporating Multimedia
- Reacting to Browser Location and Context
- Debugging and Profiling a Web Application
- Incorporating Video
- Incorporating Images
- Using the Geolocation API
This module describes how to add offline support to a Web application, to enable the application to continue functioning in a user's browser even if the browser is disconnected from the network.
- Reading and Writing Data Locally
- Adding Offline Support by Using the Application Cache
- Implementing the Application Cache
- Implementing Local Storage
This module describes how to create HTML5 pages that can dynamically detect and adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Supporting Multiple Form Factors
- Creating an Adaptive User Interface
- Creating a Print-Friendly Stylesheet
- Adapting Page Layout To Fit a Different Form Factor
This module describes how to create advanced graphics for an HTML5 Web application by using a Canvas element, and by using Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Creating Interactive Graphics by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
- Programmatically Drawing Graphics by Using a Canvas
- Creating an Interactive Venue Map by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
- Creating a Speaker Badge by Using a Canvas Element
This module describes how to enhance the user experience in an HTML5 Web application by adding animations.
- Applying CSS Transitions
- Transforming Elements
- Applying CSS Key-frame Animations
- Applying Transitions to User Interface Elements
- Applying Key-Frame Animations
This module explains how to use Web Sockets to transmit and receive data between an HTML5 Web application and a server.
- Introduction to Web Sockets
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using Web Sockets
- Receiving Data from Web Socket
- Sending Data to a Web Socket
- Sending Multiple Types of Messages To or From a Web Socket
This module describes how to use Web Worker Processes to perform long-running operations asynchronously and improve the responsiveness of an HTML5 Web application.
- Introduction to Web Workers
- Performing Asynchronous Processing by Using a Web Worker
- Improving Responsiveness by Using a Web Worker
Before attending this course, students must have at least three months of professional development experience.In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should have a combination of practical and conceptual knowledge related to HTML5 programming. This includes the following prerequisites:
- Understand the basic HTML document structure:
- How to use HTML tags to display text content.
- How to use HTML tags to display graphics.
- How to use HTML APIs.
- Understand how to style common HTML elements using CSS, including:
- How to separate presentation from content
- How to manage content flow.
- How to control the position of individual elements.
- How to implement basic CSS styling.
- How o create and use variables
- How to use:
- Arithmetic operators to perform arithmetic calculations involving one or more variables
- Relational operators to test the relationship between two variables or expressions
- Logical operators to combine expressions that contain relational operators
- How to control the program flow by using if â¦ else statements.
- How to implement iterations by using loops.
- How to write simple functions.
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global is led by a team of individuals with world-class experience in professional development skills and leading edge technologies. These established professionals collaborate to drive PPG's business forward through entrepreneurial innovation, strategic partnerships, brand management and sales growth.
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.