You are familiar with using HTML to design web pages. You have used HTML style-oriented tags and attributes to stylize and design your pages. Cascading Style Sheets, or CSS, is integrated into HTML 4.01 and forms an important component of successful web design. CSS offers great flexibility and ease in designing web pages without code heavy HTML documents. In this course, you will work with properties and styles related to colors, typography, page layouts, customized cursors, links, and forms available in CSS to build an effective web page.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Control color and typography.
- Create style sheets that cascade according to established guidelines.
- Design content sections using box properties.
- Control your page layouts with CSS positioning.
- Enhance an existing design.
- Create alternate style sheets and link your pages to them to enhance the accessibility and functionality of your websites.
Lesson 1: Controlling Color and Typography
- Topic 1A: Create an Embedded Style Sheet
- Topic 1B: Apply Color
- Topic 1C: Comment Your Code
- Topic 1D: Modify Text Styles
- Topic 1E: Modify Font Styles
- Topic 1F: Create a Linked Style Sheet
- Topic 2A: Create Class Styles
- Topic 2B: Create ID Styles
- Topic 2C: Create Contextual Styles
- Topic 2D: Target Styles to Elements with Specific Attributes
- Topic 2E: Create Style Sheets that Cascade
- Topic 2F: Import Style Sheets
- Topic 2G: Create Inline Styles
- Topic 3A: Control Margins and Padding
- Topic 3B: Create Borders
- Topic 3C: Control Element Dimensions
- Topic 3D: Create Floating Elements
- Topic 3E: Control Content Overflow
- Topic 4A: Control Layout with Absolute Positioning
- Topic 4B: Create a Fixed Multi-Column Layout
- Topic 4C: Create a Fluid Multi-Column Layout
- Topic 4D: Control Layout with Relative Positioning
- Topic 4E: Control the Display of Layered Elements
- Topic 4F: Apply Fixed Positioning
- Topic 5A: Customize Cursors
- Topic 5B: Customize Link Styles
- Topic 5C: Customize Forms
- Topic 5D: Work with Background Images
- Topic 5E: Customize Lists
- Topic 5F: Create Generated Content
- Topic 6A: Create Accessible Style Sheets
- Topic 6B: Apply User-Defined System Fonts and Colors
- Topic 6C: Create a Print Style Sheet
Appendix B: The DOCTYPE Switch
Appendix C: Fixing Element Width in IE 5.x
Appendix D: Scroll Bar Colors
Appendix E: Proprietary Cursor Styles
To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the following courses or have equivalent knowledge:
- HTML Introduction
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global is led by a team of individuals with world-class experience in professional development skills and leading edge technologies. These established professionals collaborate to drive PPG's business forward through entrepreneurial innovation, strategic partnerships, brand management and sales growth.
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.