This course introduces the history and meaning behind the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. In this course, you will learn about how the Act came to be and the many ways it improved accountability and ethical behavior among major companies. This course also information that sheds light on how the Sarbanes-Oxley Act changed the way auditors do business. You will learn why it is so important for auditors to remain independent and the steps they are legally required to take to maintain this independence. This course introduces the executive perspective regarding the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. In this course you will learn about the new responsibilities that were placed on management and auditors as a result of section 404 of SOX. You will also learn how section 802 penalizes executives found in violation of SOX and how section 1107 of SOX protects whistleblowers. This course concludes by explaining the effect the Sarbanes-Oxley Act had the on the financial industry. In this course, you will learn how SOX has both positively and negatively affected the U.S. financial industry.
At the conclusion of this course, you should be able to:
- Summarize the history of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and what led to its creation.
- Describe the effects of SOX on companies and how it improved accountability.
- List the two governing bodies that help to regulate and monitor corporate financial behavior.
- Describe how SOX changed how auditors do business.
- Summarize the compliance issues addressed in section 302 and 404 of SOX.
- Describe the responsibilities and tasks of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.
- Summarize what sections 802 and 1107 address.
- Describe the events that led to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and what the Act changed.
- List the positive and negative effects of SOX.
- Describe the four red flags financial professionals should be wary of.
- Summarize the three ways SOX influenced how corporations deal with risk management.
- Outline the process of producing an internal control report.
Subject Matter Expert
This course is created and brought to you by 360training, a leading provider of accredited e-learning courses to working professionals through today's leading schools, associations and corporations. 360training's high-quality e-learning courses assist thousands of working professionals in a wide range of disciplines, helping them to succeed in today's marketplace, to renew licenses, to acquire certification or to prepare for a new profession.
This course was created by the instructional design staff of 360training in connection with field professionals whose many years of experience in adult educational theory and distance learning technology make the process of certification, compliance and training as convenient, engaging and cost-effective as possible.
If you have any requests for technical or instructional support, then please contact the 360training Support Department located in the HELP section of your account profile. Technical support inquiries are handled immediately; instructional support questions are answered within 24 business hours, with information provided by a qualified professional in your field through our network of subject matter experts.
End of Course Instructions
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to print a certificate of completion from your training page.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.