As with everything else these days, you can track and manage your real estate license online. eAccessNY is a secure licensing management system available online 24/7. You can use it for license applications, changes, and renewals. If you have a real estate license, you’ve probably already created an account for yourself. Anything you need to do with your licenses you can do by logging onto your eAccessNY account.
Creating an Account
To create an account:
- Select the link on the Department’s website (www.dos.ny.gov) entitled “eAccessNY.”
- Select the link “Create My Account” under “Options”
- Enter your details and click “Preview” to continue.
- Click “Save” to save the registration.
- Click “Change” to change the registration details or \ “Cancel” to cancel the registration and return to the Create Account page.
- If you saved the registration, you will receive an email entitled “Temporary NYDOS Password” with detailed instructions for changing your temporary password to a permanent password.
- Create a permanent password.
- Then to access your account in the future, enter your User ID (email address) and your permanent password on the log in page.
Using Your Account
After you’ve created an account and a permanent password, from the Main Menu you can:
- Search public licenses
- Apply to take an exam
- View scheduled exam details
- Reschedule your exam
- View exam results
- Apply for an initial salesperson license
- Check the status of your license application
- Manage your licenses
- Renew licenses
Renewing Your License
Once you have it all set up, use your eAccessNY account find out the status of your license and perform license transactions. One big thing is renewing your license, which must be done online. The expiration date is printed on the license, but you will be sent reminders three months before it expires; instructions on how to renew will be included. You can renew your license starting three months before the expiration date.
To renew your salesperson license, you will need to successfully complete 22.5 hours of approved continuing education, including fair housing, in the two years before your license expires.
Keep track of your license and pay attention to those renewal reminders. If you don’t renew your license before it expires, you’ll have to pass the state written examination and submit a new salesperson/broker application and fee. You don’t want to have to do that, do you?
Convenient CE Completion
You’re a busy professional with a family and social life too. When will you find time to complete over 22 hours of continuing education? Luckily, you don’t have to enroll in college classes or real estate seminars. There’re tons of real estate courses you can take online. Finishing you required CE online is so easy: log on anywhere you have Internet, anytime of the day or night.
360training.com has been one of the leading providers of prelicense and CE real estate training for years. Browse the huge library of interactive CE courses and packages and choose what’s right for you and your schedule. The 360training.com New York 22.5 Hour CE Renewal Package is ARELLO approved and includes NYDOS-required courses like fair housing plus interesting stuff like appraisal and home inspection.
Then take your courses whenever you want. You’ll be done in no time!