In May of 2015, the median annual wages for paralegals and legal assistants in the top industries in which they worked were as follows:
- Federal Government $63,720
- Finance and insurance $58,940
- Local government, excluding education and hospitals $48,300
- Legal services $46,790
- State government, excluding education and hospitals $45,810
This Paralegal course is a self-paced, online course with the chief goal of providing students with the legal knowledge and practical skills essential to becoming proficient, ethical paralegals. Individuals are prepared for working under the supervision of an attorney performing a broad variety of legal tasks. Students will learn about the paralegal profession, present and future. Other areas covered will include a formal introduction to law and the history of American law, the court system, and substantive law. Legal terminology and skills involving civil litigation and legal analysis and writing will help prepare the student for the challenge of today's paralegal.
Students will become familiar with the up-and-coming computer programs and software as they relate to the law office, as well as an introduction to computer-assisted legal research. This course will provide a solid foundation for the successful future paralegal/legal assistant.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify various legal specialties, their purpose, their terms, and specific details, including:
- Describe bankruptcy law.
- Summarize business law.
- Define and understand contract law.
- Explain corporate law.
- Define and understand criminal law.
- Discuss family law.
- Summarize issues relating to estate planning, estates, and guardianships.
- Define real estate.
- Explain torts and tortfeasors.
- Conduct interviews
Introduction to the Paralegal Profession
Law office structure and operations
History and Basis of U.S. Law
Court Structure and System
Grammar in a legal environment
Research and Citation
Analysis and Legal Writing
Torts and Tortfeasors
Preparing and conducting interviews
You will be required to acheive a 70% or higher. After successful completion of each quiz, you will be able to review the quiz questions and your answers. You will be allowed 5 attempts at each quiz.
Why choose 360training.com?
- Leading online career training provider since 1999
- Over 4 million learners in 76 countries
- Quick and simple course enrollment and completion
- 100% online course, no classroom attendance required
- Brand new course with updated content
Upon registration, you'll receive the following:
- Unlimited access to your courses - Learn at your own pace
- Support from a live instructor and Career Services counselor
- New, relevant course content
- The opportunity to begin a career in a fast growing, high demand legal career
- Official, printable certificate of completion
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235