The Paralegal/Legal Assistant program is a self-paced, online program with the chief goal of providing students with the legal knowledge and practical skills essential to becoming proficient, ethical paralegals. Individuals are prepared for working under the supervision of an attorney performing a broad variety of legal tasks. Students will learn about the paralegal profession, present and future. Other areas covered will include a formal introduction to law and the history of American law, the court system, and substantive law. Legal terminology and skills involving civil litigation and legal analysis and writing will help prepare the student for the challenge of today's paralegal.
Students will become familiar with the up-and-coming computer programs and software as they relate to the law office, as well as an introduction to computer-assisted legal research. The program will provide a solid foundation for the successful future paralegal/legal assistant.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify various legal specialties, their purpose, their terms, and specific details, including:
- Describe bankruptcy law.
- Summarize business law.
- Define and understand contract law.
- Explain corporate law.
- Define and understand criminal law.
- Discuss family law.
- Summarize issues relating to estate planning, estates, and guardianships.
- Define real estate.
- Explain torts and tortfeasors.
- Conduct interviews
At the conclusion of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Outline the liability potentials for corporations.
- Identify the various forms of corporations.
- Understand the steps for incorporating a business.
- Discuss the Securities Act and amendments.
- Define common stock terms.
- Describe officers of a corporation and their duties.
You will be required to acheive a 70% or higher. After successful completion of each quiz, you will be able to review the quiz questions and your answers. You will be allowed 5 attempts at each quiz.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.