This course introduces students to the process of conducting EKG monitoring, interpreting the results, and caring for the patient through all stages of the process. This course is valuable for anyone who is preparing for a career as an EKG technician or who regularly works with or around EKG monitoring and EKG technicians.
- Describe the regulations and duties that guide pharmacy technicians in their work.
- Identify drug classifications and frequently prescribed medications.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of the dispensing process by performing accurate calculations, evaluating the characteristics of a prescription, and performing procedures related to preparing and dispensing prescriptions.
- Evaluate real-world scenarios and construct responses that demonstrate competency as a pharmacy technician.
Introduction to EKG Monitoring
Cardiac Anatomy and Physiology
Introduction to the EKG Machine
Recording the EKG
The Normal EKG
Abnormal EKGs -- Rate and Rhythm
Introduction to Abnormal EKGs -- Conduction
Injury, Ischemia, and Infarction Patterns
Subject Matter Expert
Jason Astrin, PA-C has been involved in healthcare as both a practitioner and an educator. He has twenty years of family practice, urgent care and cardiovascular experience. He has lectured at several PA, nursing, and medical schools and has chaired the Maryland Board of Physicians, Physician Assistant Advisory Committee. He was named a Distinguished Fellow of the American Academy of Physician Assistants in 2008 for his dedication to the advancement of the PA profession.
Jason currently works as a clinical appeals consultant with Unitedhealth Group and continues to see patients in an urgent care setting. He resides in Southlake, Texas with his wife and two daughters.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why choose 360training.com?
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online — No classroom attendance required.
- All program materials included in one low price.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
- Certifications provided through National Healthcareer Association (NHA), a nationally accredited provider.
EKG Technician (CET)
360training.com's EKG Technician Career Training Program offers you convenient access to a thorough and comprehensive education in the medical field. This affordable, self-paced program helps you train for a new career as a certified EKG Technician (CET). Obtaining a nationally recognized CET certification proves that you are proficient in your field and more importantly, ensures the safety of the patients under your care. With approximately 25% more EKG technician jobs expected to be available by the year 2018, this in-demand certification can help you be on your way to earning up to $28,000 a year!
What your registration includes:
- Career-focused training that prepares students to work in medical offices and specialty clinics.
- Self-paced, online course — The flexibility to follow your own schedule!
- Unlimited access to course until completion
- Support from a live instructor and Career Services counselor
- Official, printable certificate of completion