Medical Coding introduces you to the three types of medical coding systems used in health care: ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS Level II. You will learn how to transform medical descriptions of diagnoses and procedures into codes using reimbursement and coding guidelines.
Through scenarios and interactivities, this course provides you with ample opportunity to apply and practice the concepts learned. This course would be valuable for anyone preparing for a career in medical coding and related professions.
We hope you have a great learning experience.
The Medical Coding program is designed to prepare individuals for entry-level employment as a claims examiner, medical coder and related occupations in the medical industry. Graduates of this program will be employable by private health care practices, clinics, government agencies, insurance companies and other health care facilities.
The program teaches students how to evaluate coding practices. Students will also be provided the tools for developing compliance programs that will meet the standards of health care rules and regulations. Upon completion of the program, students will possess the skills and knowledge necessary to obtain employment.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and use of ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS Level II coding.
- Interpret symbols, coding conventions, and guidelines used in ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS Level II coding.
- Assign diagnosis and procedure codes from ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS.
- Assign procedure codes from CPT and HCPCS Level II.
- Assign CPT and HCPCS Level II modifiers.
Program Course Details:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Coding
- Lesson 2: Overview of ICD-10-CM Coding
- Lesson 3: ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
- Lesson 4: Using ICD-10-CM
- Lesson 5: Chapter-Specific Coding Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-8)
- Lesson 6: Chapter-Specific Coding Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 9-17)
- Lesson 7: Introduction to HCPCS
- Lesson 8: Modifiers
- Lesson 9: Evaluation and Management Services
- Lesson 10: Anesthesia
- Lesson 11: Surgery Guidelines and General Surgery
- Lesson 12: Integumentary System
- Lesson 13: Musculoskeletal System
- Lesson 14: Respiratory System
- Lesson 16: Hemic, lymphatic, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm
- Lesson 17: Digestive System
- Lesson 18: Urinary and Male Genital Systems
- Lesson 19: Reproductive, Intersex Surgery, Female Genital System, and Maternity Care and Delivery
- Lesson 20: Endocrine and Nervous System
- Lesson 21: Eye, Ocular Adnexa, Auditory, and Operating Microscope
- Lesson 22: Radiology
- Lesson 23: Pathology/Laboratory
- Lesson 24: Medicine
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.