Medical Office Management involves managing the daily operations of a medical/healthcare facility. This course introduces you to the overall business operations of a medical office. You will learn the specifics of the role of a medical office manager. These include personnel management, vendor management, front office management, as well as billing and payment management. You will also learn about medical records and the importance of the computerization of a medical office. This course is valuable for all those preparing for a career as a medical office manager.
Through scenarios and interactivities, this course provides you with ample opportunity to apply and practice the concepts learned, and prepares you for your role as a professional in the health insurance industry.
We hope you have a great learning experience.
A medical office management career is a good fit for those interested in managing others, being the boss, working in an office, helping others, variety, and challenges. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 303,000 medical and health services managers in 2010. Medical office managers are employed in organizations, such as :
- Nursing homes
- Group medical practices
Medical businesses need employees to handle the daily business activities. They value employees with varied skills, including billing and coding knowledge, financial management, policy and procedure development, and employee management. As the large baby-boom population ages and people remain active longer, it is no surprise that this career has very strong growth potential in the coming years.
Program Course Details:
Medical Office Management
- Lesson 1: Today's Healthcare Environment
- Lesson 2: Communications in a Medical Office
- Lesson 3: Legal and Ethical Issues in Managing a Medical Office
- Lesson 4: Personnel Management
- Lesson 5: Managing the Front Office
- Lesson 6: Appointment Scheduling
- Lesson 7: Medical Records Management
- Lesson 8: Regulatory Compliance in a Healthcare Setting
- Lesson 9: Duties of a Medical Office Manager
- Lesson 10: Use of Computers in a Medical Office
- Lesson 11: Office Policies and Procedures
- Lesson 12: Accounting and Payroll in a Medical Office
- Lesson 13: Billing and Collecting
- Lesson 14: Health Insurance
- Lesson 15: Procedural and Diagnostic Coding
- Lesson 16: Quality Improvement and Risk Management
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.