This comprehensive program will prepare students to enter the pharmacy field and take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board's (PTCB) exam. Course content includes pharmacy medical terminology, reading and interpreting prescriptions and defining generic and brand names drugs and much, much more!
This program will prepare students to enter the pharmacy field and to pursue certification including the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board's PTCB exam.
This program also includes the online study guide, practices exam, and CPhT exam voucher to sit for the NHA Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) Exam.
Pharmacy Technicians can be found in clinical and community settings, helping people by dispensing medications and prescriptions. This course would benefit those pursuing the skills necessary for a career as a Certified Pharmacy Technician.
A pharmacy technician career is a good fit for those interested in detail-oriented tasks, memory games, helping others, and decoding handwriting. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 334,400 pharmacy technicians in 2010 and 108,300 new positions will be added by 2020. Pharmacy technicians are employed in organizations, such as :
- Retail (grocery and drug store) pharmacies
Healthcare employers look for people to assist licensed pharmacists dispense prescription medication. People skills are a valued asset, since assisting customers with nonprescription questions and dealing with insurance claims are often a part of the job. Since the population continues to be active longer, it is no surprise this career is anticipated to grow faster than average.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the regulations and duties that guide pharmacy technicians in their work.
- Identify drug classifications and frequently prescribed medications.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of the dispensing process by performing accurate calculations, evaluating the characteristics of a prescription, and performing procedures related to preparing and dispensing prescriptions.
- Evaluate real-world scenarios and construct responses that demonstrate competency as a pharmacy technician.
Program Topics Covered:
- Duties and the Role of a Pharmacy Technician
- Governance of Controlled Substances
- Related Laws and Regulations
- Classification of Drugs
- Frequently Prescribed Medications
- Characteristics of a Prescription
- Preparing and Dispensing Prescriptions
- Pharmaceutical Calculations
- Aseptic Techniques, Unit Dose, and Repackaging
- Pharmaceutical Calculations Revisited
Pharmacy Technician Online Certification Preparation:
This one-of-a-kind online study guide tutorial and online practice assessment engages and prepares students for their CPhT exam. Aligned to the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT) blueprint. The program includes remediation and focused review that takes candidates back to areas that need attention. This online study guide tutorial engages and prepares students for their CPhT exam. Aligned to the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT) blueprint. The program includes remediation and focused review that takes candidates back to areas that need attention.
Subject Matter Expert
Karissa Jones, PhD has been a certified and licensed Pharmacy Technician for the past 4 years. During that time she has worked in the area of clinical research focusing on the effects of psychotropic drugs prescribed to mothers diagnosed with postpartum depression 6 weeks after giving birth. She has also successfully tutored over 100 ESL students helping them achieve PTCB and NHA pharmacy technician certification and licensure in Georgia and Texas. She has been a medical educator, content developer, trainer, and speaker for the last 15 years in the areas of Clinical Research, Disabilities, Mental Health, Behavioral Medicine, and Epidemiology.
Currently Karissa is an Academic Adviser and Assistant Professor of Behavioral Medicine at Oceania University of Medicine. She is also a tutor for various Pharmacy Technician Programs within the Atlanta Metropolitan area. Her goal is to successfully tutor up to 1000 pharmacy technician students with English as a Second Language, achieve certification and licensure, as the pharmacy technician field grows and expands into other areas of medicine. Karissa resides in Decatur, Georgia, which is in the Atlanta area.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why choose 360training.com?
- Leading online career training provider since 1999
- Quick and simple course enrollment and completion
- 100% online — No classroom attendance required.
- Brand new 2015 course with updated content
- NHA-Approved and accredited certification provider
Upon registration, you'll receive the following:
- CPhT National Certification by NHA
- Unlimited access to your courses - Learn at your own pace
- Support from a live instructor and Career Services counselor
- Exam prep material provided by NHA
- New, relevant course content
- The opportunity to begin a career in a fast growing, high demand career
- Official, printable certificate of completion