Program Course List and Course Descriptions:
Nutrition and You: Functional Foods: 50 Hours
Heard about the health benefits of cocoa for cardiovascular health? What do garlic, tomato sauce, and tofu have in common? Which spices and herbs need to be consumed in your daily diet? In this course you will learn what functional foods to eat for increased performance in sports, training, and daily life.
Weight Management and Nutrition in the Lifecycle: 50 Hours
Applying the principles of good nutrition starts at Day 1, whether working with clients or designing the optimal personalized eating program. This course teaches students the principles behind helping a client in any stage of their life to set and achieve peak performance while working in conjunction with a registered dietitian in a team approach. Discover what specific nutrients need to be increased in your diet for peak performance and at different stages of your life. Learn how to personalize your own meal plan and those of your clients.
Introduction to Sports Nutrition and Performance: 50 Hours
Learn what to eat before, during, and after competition, design optimal meal plans for athletes, and be able to identify the best sport supplements such as protein powders/bars, creatine, and sport drinks. Learn to provide the best fuel for your body and how proper nutrition can provide optimal muscle development, recovery and sports performance.
Public Nutrition and Wellness Educations: 50 Hours
This course delves more deeply into nutrition, performance, and optimal wellness. Master the tools needed to provide educated answers on nutrition and overall well-being. Learn how to navigate through the media's mixed messages on sports nutrition, supplementation, diets, and effectively interpret nutrition news, and understand critical information on the science behind vitamins/proteins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Guidance, instruction, and interaction from outstanding instructors that hold either a Master's or Ph.D. degree in exercise science, biomechanics, exercise physiology, kinesiology, physical therapy, nutrition or an exercise science-related degree.
- Obtain a professional college certificate from an accredited institution.
- College courses provide CECs or CEUs for personal trainers, group fitness instructors, physical therapists, athletic trainers, exercise physiologists, RD's, chiropractors and for those fitness and health professionals seeking re-certification, re-licensure, or career advancement.
- Cost-effective: expenses related to facilities, travel, and non-productive time is reduced.
- Control and flexibility: online education allows students to complete course work at their own pace.
- Easy access: online education allows students to access their education from anywhere there is an Internet connection.
- Advanced education for personal trainers, group fitness instructors, physical therapists, RD's, athletic trainers, fitness managers, nurses, and chiropractors.
- Networking opportunities with industry experts, medical professionals, professors, researchers, and business leaders in the industry.
- Begin the Courses/Program at ANY TIME!: Each course within the Sports Nutrition and Performance program is offered in an OPEN ENROLLMENT Format. This means students can register at any time, and once logged in they have 8 weeks to complete the course(s) they registered for (students can complete a course before the 8 week deadline). In addition, students have 1 full year to complete all the required courses, but typically students complete the coursework within 10 weeks.
- This program is offered in partnership with the SuperKids Nutrition and the National Posture Insitute. Each organization provide students with educational, membership and national certification exam opportunities.
- Nutrition and You: Functional Foods
- Weight Management and Nutrition in the Lifecycle
- Introduction to Sports Nutrition and Performance
- Public Nutrition and Wellness Education
Subject Matter Expert
Program Coordinator: Melissa Halas-Liang, MA, RD, CDE is a Certified Diabetes Educator, holds a Bachelors of Science in Clinical Dietetics and Masters degree in Nutrition Education and practiced as Certified Nutrition Support Dietitian for 10 years. She has the Certificate of training for Childhood and Adolescent Weight Management. Melissa has 15 years of diverse experience in clinical care, nutrition management, nutrition counseling, critical care curriculum, nutrition education, media and writing, and currently serves as Co-President of the Los Angeles District of the CDA and spokesperson for the California Dietetic Association. In 2006, she started SuperKids Nutrition Inc...to save the world one healthy food at a time™ a company and mega Website resource for easy-to-read credible nutrition information and activities for families.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.