Students will learn how to apply their client's health history, goals, and abilities integrating exercise science curriculum and practical training techniques into a systematic model that teaches students to progress their clients through various phases of a woman's life. Included with the certificate program registration, you will receive complimentary access to receive the National Posture Institute's Certified Resistance Training Professional™ (RTP™) designation.
This Certificate is designed for:
Female Anatomy and Physiology: 50 Hours
This course is designed for students to gain an understanding of the musculoskeletal and functional anatomy of the female pelvis, including the reproductive system, the hormonal/endocrine system and key muscles of the Pelvic Pyramid™. Emphasis is placed on joint range of motion (ROM), bone density, hip stability, mobility and the pelvic floor muscles (PFM).
Designing Women's Exercise Programs: 50 Hours
This course teaches students how to establish exercise programs/prescriptions, exercise-related goals and objectives, appropriate training modifications, and program evaluation strategies. Additional topics include specifically designing exercise programs based on ACSM guidelines implementing resistance/weight training techniques, flexibility/stretching training, and cardiovascular/aerobic/weight loss plans incorporating the use of walking, running, and commercial cardiovascular machine (treadmills, elliptical trainers, stationary/recumbent bikes, etc.) programs.
Women's Health and Wellness for Special Populations: 50 Hours
This course teaches students a more in depth look at different health considerations women face at different stages of their lives and how to appropriately adapt exercise and wellness programs to meet their needs. Topics of interest include the “Female Athlete Triad”, pre and postpartum fitness, women with pelvic floor dysfunctions, osteoporosis, menopause, autoimmune disorders, and breast, ovary, and uterine cancers. Students will gain an understanding of how to design exercise programs for these special populations.
Medically-Based Fitness Management and Administration: 50 Hours
This course provides the health/medical and fitness professionals a solid background in understanding key terminology in medicine, health promotion, and fitness. Topics include understanding the roles of medical and fitness professionals, developing a medically-based fitness model, key terms in healthcare administration, interacting with medical professionals, and privacy issues and authorization forms for health and fitness professionals.
- Guidance, instruction, and interaction from outstanding instructors that hold either a Master's or Ph.D. degree in exercise science, biomechanics, exercise physiology, kinesiology, physical therapy, nutrition or an exercise science-related degree.
- Obtain a professional college certificate from an accredited institution.
- College courses provide CECs or CEUs for personal trainers, group fitness instructors, physical therapists, athletic trainers, exercise physiologists, RD's, chiropractors and for those fitness and health professionals seeking re-certification, re-licensure, or career advancement.
- Cost-effective: expenses related to facilities, travel, and non-productive time is reduced.
- Control and flexibility: online education allows students to complete course work at their own pace.
- Easy access: online education allows students to access their education from anywhere there is an Internet connection.
- Advanced education for personal trainers, group fitness instructors, physical therapists, RD's, athletic trainers, fitness managers, nurses, and chiropractors.
- Networking opportunities with industry experts, medical professionals, professors, researchers, and business leaders in the industry.
- Begin the Courses/Program at ANY TIME!: Each course within the Women's Exercise Training and Wellness program is offered in an OPEN ENROLLMENT Format. This means students can register at any time, and once logged in they have 8 weeks to complete the course(s) they registered for (students can complete a course before the 8 week deadline) In addition, students have 1 full year to complete all the required courses, but typically students complete the coursework within 10 weeks.
- This program is offered in partnership with Healthy Moms, Women's Health Foundation and the National Posture Institute. Each organization provides students with educational, membership and national certification exam opportunities.
- Female Anatomy and Physiology
- Designing Women's Exercise Programs
- Women's Health and Wellness for Special Populations
- Medically-Based Fitness Management and Administration
Subject Matter Expert
Program Coordinator: Jasmine Jafferali, MPH, ACE-CPT
Jasmine Jafferali, MPH, is the Program Coordinator and an instructor for the Professional Certificate in Women's Personal Exercise Training and Wellness. She has a diverse fitness background with over ten years of industry experience in campus recreation, corporate wellness, and the commercial health club setting. She has presented
on a wide range of health and fitness topics for the community, at major corporations, and at national and international conferences. She also advocates bringing the fitness and medical community together through wellness and preventative programming. Jasmine specializes in Women's Health and Wellness focusing on pre and postnatal fitness and is a Master Trainer for Healthy Moms® Fitness and Resist-a-ball®.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.