This course covers an introduction to the financial option of leasing. It presents the student with a comprehensive study of residential and commercial leases, describes the various types of leases and explains the characteristics of lease agreements. The process of lease origination, execution and termination are covered in depth. The course also describes leases in the context of landlord and tenant law. It explains the importance and the usage of lease agreements in drafting and executing a rental agreement. At the end of this course, with the help of case studies, the student will learn to apply the concepts discussed in real life situations. This will help the student to develop a clear understanding of the theoretical and practical applications of leases in real estate
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the importance of the rental market within the national housing market
- Describe what a lease is and who the signatories on a lease contract are
- Explain the characteristics that make a lease legally enforceable
- Identify and explain the terms and elements of a lease agreement
- Differentiate between the different types of tenancy agreements and their respective characteristics
- Be able to calculate lease amounts for gross, net and percentage leases
- Understand the landlords rights and responsibilities in a lease agreement
- Understand the tenants rights and responsibilities in a lease agreement
- Comprehend the importance and validity of the Federal Fair Housing Act
- Explain the key characteristics of the Uniform Residential Landlord Tenant Act of 1972
- Differentiate between commercial and residential leasing
- Understand the different types of commercial lease agreements
- Understand the applicative nature of the Americans with Disabilities Act within commercial leasing
- Identify the various ways in which a lease agreement may be terminated
- Describe causes of termination
- Describe eviction procedures
Leases - Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation
End of Course Instructions
Once you have completed this continuing education course you return to your student profile page where your Certificate of Completion is available for printing. Please keep a copy of your certificate for your own records.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy course completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
What your registration includes:
- Updated, relevant training content
- Unlimited, 24/7 toll free phone and online chat support
- Easily-accessible online platform
- Learn on your own schedule