Horizon (with View) Install, Configure, Manage v6.2 - HICMV6.2
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
System administrators and system integrators responsible for deploying the VMware virtual desktop infrastructure
This hands-on training course gives you the skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) platform. It builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing the View component of VMware Horizonâ¢ 6, release 6.2, through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. This course teaches you how to configure and deploy pools of virtual machines, how to manage access and security of the machines, and how to provide end users a customized desktop environment.
1. Course Introduction: Introductions and course logistics; Course objectives 2. Introduction to Horizon 6 and View: Overview of Horizon 6; Introduce View features and components; Explain how View can be operated in FIPS mode. 3. View Connection Server: Install and configure View Connection Server; Configure View events database and the Syslog server.
Course Detail 1:
4. View Desktops: Prepare Windows virtual machines as View desktops;â Compare PCoIP and RDP remote display protocols; Explain USB redirection and multimedia redirection; Install View Agent in a virtual machine template; Deploy a manual pool and entitle users to access it; Compare Windows and Linux VDI virtual machines. 5. Horizon Client Options: Describe Horizon Client for Windows and Mac OS X; Describe Horizon Client for mobile devices with biometric authentication; Describe HTML Access, thin clients, and zero clients; Compare options for client drive redirection.
Course Detail 2:
6. Creating and Managing Automated Pools: Configure and provision automated pools of desktops; Compare dedicated and floating-assignment pools; Compare storage options, including VMware Virtual SANâ¢. 7. Creating and Managing Linked-Clone Desktop Pools: Overview of View Composer operations; Deploy and provision linked-clone desktops; Compare storage options, including Virtual SAN; Manage linked-clone desktops; Manage persistent disks.
Course Detail 3:
8. Creating and Managing RDS Desktop and Application Pools: Set up RDS hosts to create a farm of hosts; Deploy and provision RDS desktop pools; Deploy and provision RDS application pools; Manage application pools; Explain how linked clones provide automated management of RDS server farms. 9. Using View Administrator: Configure the View environment; Compare authentication options for desktop access; Compare 3D rendering options such as vDGA and GRID vGPU; Manage administrators, users, sessions, and policies; Monitor the View environment.
Course Detail 4:
10. Managing View Security: Describe recommended network configurations and authentication options; Configure the View security server; Describe Access Point, a Linux-based alternative for the DMZ. 11. View Persona Management: Configure user profiles with View Persona Management; Describe View Persona Management and Windows roaming profiles; Configure a View Persona Management deployment; Describe best practices for a View Persona Management deployment.
Course Detail 5:
12. Command-Line Tools and Backup Options: Introduce the vdmadmin utility; Describe client systems in kiosk mode; Back up the View databases; Restore the View databases. 13. View Performance and Scalability: Describe multiserver deployments to create a View pod; Explain performance considerations and load balancing for a pod; Explain Cloud Pod Architecture for multiple View pods.
Required prerequisites include completion of one of the following: â¢ VMware Certified Professional 6 â Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV), â¢ VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V6], â¢ VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V6], â¢ Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server. Experience working with a command-line interface is highly recommended.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.