Deploying OpenStack Cloud - Fundamentals - OCDCU v2.0
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
This course will provide hands-on lab exercises utilizing Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) hardware. Students will perform hands-on lab exercises that were created to teach the necessary skills to install, configure, and deploy an OpenStack Cloud on Cisco UCS hardware.
To participate in the hands-on labs in this class, you need to bring a laptop computer with the following:
- We recommend using at least a Pentium 4 or better and 1 GB of RAM or more.
- We recommend running Windows XP Professional SP3 or greater (Vista & Windows 7/8).
- Mac & Linux machines are also supported.
- All PCs require Internet Explorer 7 or greater, Mozilla FireFox, or Google Chrome.
- Note: When testing connectivity, Mozilla & Chrome may not be able to fully complete the tests as intended.
- All students should have administrator rights to their PCs.
- If you do not have administrator rights to your PC, you at least need permissions to download, install, and run Active-X controls in Internet Explorer or Cisco Any Connect Client.
- If you are participating in a WebEx event, you should have internet access served by at least a 512K link, a full T1 Connection is recommended.
- All PCs require the latest Java Runtime Environment, which can be downloaded from www.java.com.
- We recommend a brief tutorial or familiarization with VI editor for Linux before class.
Note: The courseware and lab guide for this course will be provided in a digital format. You can choose to install it onto a Windows PC, Mac, Apple iPad or Android tablet.
The audience for this course is as follows:
- Network and Server deployment engineers
- Network and Server deployment design engineers
- Program managers and project managers
- Describe the basic business advantages of an OpenStack Cloud
- Describe the basic function of an OpenStack Cloud
- Describe Cisco's UCS Accelerator Paks for OpenStack deployments
- Describe the services in OpenStack (Keystone, Nova, Glance, Cinder, Neutron, Swift, Trove, Ceilometer, Heat and Horizon)
- Describe additional services of OpenStack Cloud.
- Install the appropriate services for an OpenStack Cloud in a Multi-node deployment
- Create Virtual Machines using OpenStack
- Course Goal and Objectives
- Course Flow
- Cloud Computing Definition
- Cloud Computing Key Concepts
- CapEx VS. OpEx
- Three Types of Cloud Service
- Openstack Release Timeline
- OpenStack Components
- Cloud Orchestration Tools
- Lab: Initial Controller Setup
- Keystone Architecture
- Keystone Components
- Keystone Concepts
- Keystone Installation
- Lab: Installing Keystone
- Glance Architecture
- Glance Components
- Glance Concepts
- Glance Installation
- Lab: Installing Glance
- Neutron Architecture
- Neutron Components
- Neutron Concepts
- Neutron Installation
- Lab: Installing Neutron
- Nova Architecture
- Nova Components
- Nova Concepts: VM Instances
- Nova Installation
- Lab: Installing Nova
- Cinder Architecture
- Cinder Components
- Cinder Concepts
- Cinder Installation
- Lab: Installing Cinder
- Horizon Architecture
- Horizon Concepts
- Horizon Installation
- Lab: Installing Horizon
- Keystone Identity Provisioning
- Glance Image Provisioning
- Neutron Network Provisioning
- Cinder Volume Provisioning
- Nova Instance Provisioning
- Lab: OpenStack Operations
- Swift Architecture
- Swift Components
- Swift Installation
- Swift Provisioning
- Lab: Installing and Operating Swift
- Ceilometer Architecture
- Ceilometer Components
- Ceilometer Concepts
- Ceilometer Installation
- Lab: Installing Ceilometer
- Heat Architecture
- Heat Components
- Heat Concepts
- Heat Installation
- Lab: Installing Heat
- Trove Architecture
- Trove Components
- Trove Concepts
- UCS Accelerator Paks Benefits
- Accelerator Paks Configurations
- Solution Components
The knowledge that you should have before attending this course should include the following:
- Internetworking Fundamentals
- Basic Linux Skills
- Basic Server Virtualization Technology familiarity
- Basic Server Implementation knowledge
- Basic familiarity with the function of Rabbit MQ
- Basic familiarity with the function of SQL Database technology
- Basic familiarity with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.