VMware vCloud Director: Install, Configure, Manage 5.5
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
In this course, you will learn to deploy VMware vCloud Director for a small private cloud environment and manage the ongoing operation of the deployment. You will focus on the private cloud in an engineering or quality assurance solution. You will cover the fundamentals needed to install, configure, and manage any small private cloud with vCloud Director. This course is the prerequisite for other courses that cover more advanced vCloud Director configurations in enterprise deployments.
- Deploy vCloud Director
- Manage vCloud Director to satisfy small private cloud business needs
- Configure VMware vSphere storage to enable multiple tiers in provider virtual data centers
- Create and manage vCloud Director organizations and vApps to satisfy business needs
- Create and manage vCloud Director catalogs
- Configure networking for organizations and VMware vSphere vApps
- Interface vCloud Director to Microsoft Active Directory servers
- Interactions between VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) clusters and vCloud Director
1. VMware vCloud Director Architecture and Components
- VMware products using the cloud computing approach
- vCloud Director components and their functions
- Integrating with other VMware products, such as VMware vCenter Chargeback and VMware vCenter Operations Manager
- Determining the licensing needs
- Network types available in vCloud Director
- Organization and vApp network traffic choices
- Function of network pools
- Sharing content between organizations and vApps
- Storage resources for vCloud Director
- Configuring and managing storage for providers
- Provider space allocation to an organization
- VMware vSphere Storage vMotion issues
- Managing storage requirements for linked clones and shadow virtual machines
- Creating and managing organizations
- Resource allocations for an organization
- Creating and managing catalogs
- Role based access
- Creating custom security roles
- Configuring LDAP integration with Microsoft Active Directory
- Single sign-on
- Fulfilling vCloud Director requests with vSphere
- Managing provider and organization virtual data centers
- Managing VMware vCenter Server instances
- Managing VMware vSphere ESXi hosts
- Managing vSphere datastores
- Managing stranded items
- Configuring and managing resource pools at the vSphere level
- Monitoring usage information at provider and organization virtual datacenters
- Analyzing vCloud Director logs to monitor vCloud Director cells
- Catalog tasks available to organization users of various roles
- vApp tasks available to organization users of various roles
- Required prerequisites for a vCloud Director installation
- Installing vCloud Director
You will spend approximately 40% of class completing hands-on labs
A solid understanding of TCP/IP networking and the following courses are recommended:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.1]
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global is led by a team of individuals with world-class experience in professional development skills and leading edge technologies. These established professionals collaborate to drive PPG's business forward through entrepreneurial innovation, strategic partnerships, brand management and sales growth.
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.