VMware vSphere Fast Track 5Day - VSFASTTRKV6
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Duration: 401
- Language: English
System administrators and system integrators responsible for deploying the Horizon Mirage system
This intensive, extended-hours and hands-on lab training course focuses on installing, configuring, managing and troubleshooting VMware vSphereÂ® 6, including VMware ESXiâ¢ 6 and VMware vCenter Serverâ¢ 6. This course combines the content of our best-selling VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage course with troubleshooting skills needed for maintaining highly available and scalable vSphere environments. Students will gain practical experience with these concepts through the completion of hands-on labs.
Course Introduction: Introductions and course logistics, Course objectives. 2. Software-Defined Data Center; Introduce virtualization and vSphere components; Explain the concepts of server, network, and storage virtualization; Describe where vSphere fits into the cloud architecture; Install and use vSphere user interfaces; Describe the ESXi architecture and configure various ESXi settings. 3. Creating Virtual Machines: Introduce virtual machines, virtual machine hardware, and virtual machine files; Deploy a single virtual machine; Explain the importance of VMware Toolsâ¢; Describe how to import an OVF template. 4. VMware vCenter Server: Introduce vCenter Server architecture; Introduce vCenter Server Appliance; Install and configure vCenter Server Appliance; Use the vSphere Web Client; Configure VMware vCenterâ¢ Single Sign-Onâ¢ and VMware Platform Services Controllerâ¢; Manage vCenter Server inventory objects and licenses.
Course Detail 1:
5. Troubleshooting vSphere: Use a structured approach to troubleshoot issues in vSphere; Discuss options for running vSphere commands; Locate and use important vSphere log files. 6. Configuring and Managing Virtual Networks: Describe, create, and manage a standard switch; Describe and modify standard switch properties; Describe the NIC teaming of a standard switch port group; Describe, create, and manage a distributed switch; Troubleshoot virtual networking. 7. Configuring and Managing Virtual Storage: Introduce storage protocols and device names; Configure ESXi with iSCSI, NFS, and Fibre Channel storage; Create and manage vSphere VMFS datastores; Introduce VMware Virtual SANâ¢ datastores; Troubleshoot virtual storage. 8. Virtual Machine Management: Use templates and cloning to deploy virtual machines; Modify and manage virtual machines; Create and manage virtual machine snapshots; Perform vSphere vMotion and vSphere Storage vMotion migrations; Create VMware vSphereÂ® vAppâ¢; Describe the types of content libraries; Troubleshoot virtual machines and snapshots. 9. Resource Management and Monitoring: Introduce virtual CPU and memory concepts; Describe methods for optimizing CPU and memory usage; Configure and manage resource pools; Use vCenter Server performance graphs and alarms to monitor resource usage; Use vRealize Operations Manager to manage a software-defined data center; Troubleshoot ESXi and vCenter Server.
Course Detail 2:
10. vSphere HA and vSphere FT: Explain the vSphere HA architecture; Configure and manage a vSphere HA cluster; Set vSphere HA advanced parameters; Enable vSphere FT on a virtual machine; Describe vSphere Replication and vSphere Data Protection; Troubleshoot vSphere HA. 11. Host Scalability with vSphere DRS: Describe the functions of a vSphere DRS cluster; Create a vSphere DRS cluster; View information about a vSphere DRS cluster; Troubleshoot vSphere DRS clusters. 12. vSphere Update Manager and Host Maintenance: Describe, install, and configure vSphere Update Manager; Describe and use host profiles; Use baselines and remediate ESXi hosts; Perform patch management. 13 Installing vSphere Components: Describe how to install ESXi interactively; Identify the basic requirements for an ESXi host to boot from SAN; Identify system requirements to install vCenter Server; Install vCenter Server on a supported Windows system.
New and experienced system administrators, systems engineers, and system integrators willing to work hard to achieve superior vSphere skills with minimal time away from the office.
Subject Matter Expert
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology helping them maximize the value of the technology that they make sell or use With its vast global infrastructure and focus on cloud mobility supply chain and technology solutions Ingram Micro enables business partners to operate more efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve No other company delivers as broad and deep a spectrum of technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world Founded in 1979 Ingram Micros role as a leader and innovator in technology and supply chain services has fueled its rise to the 69th ranked corporation in the FORTUNE 500
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.