VMware vSphere:Skills for Operators V6 - VSSOV6
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Duration: 16
- Language: English
Technical professionals with system administration skills and operators responsible for managing virtual machines using ESXi and vCenter Server
This two-day technical classroom training course is designed to help operators and administrators who create and manage virtual machines. By combining lecture and hands-on labs the course will help you gain the skills required to work effectively with VMware virtual machines. This course is based on VMware ESXi 6.0 and VMware vCenter Servers 6.0. After completing this course, you may enroll in advanced VMware vSphere courses.
1. Course Introduction: Introductions and course logistics; Course goals and objectives; Online vSphere resources; Location of online vSphere documentation 2. VMware Virtualization Overview: Identify the differences between traditional and virtual architecture. Identify the infrastructure components that can be virtualized; Describe VMware virtualization concepts; Describe the components of vSphere; Describe the inventory objects managed by vSphere; Identify the components of vCenter Server.
Course Detail 1:
3. vSphere Client and vSphere Web Client: Identify the differences between the VMware vSphereÂ® Web Client and VMware vSphereÂ® Clientâ¢ interfaces; Access and navigate through the vSphere Web Client interface; Use vSphere Web Client to monitor and manage vSphere objects; Perform searches in vSphere Web Client; Remove stored data from vSphere Web Client; Apply roles and permissions to users and user groups.
Course Detail 2:
4. Creating and Managing Virtual Machines: Create and manage virtual machines; Install a guest operating system and VMware Toolsâ¢; Explain how to use clones and templates to manage virtual machines; Explain the importance of content libraries; Configure virtual machines; Manage virtual machines using snapshots; Explain how raw device mapping (RDM) allows a virtual machine to directly access and use a storage device 5. Monitor Virtual Machine Resources: Explain virtual machine resource monitoring concepts; Monitor virtual machine resource usage using vCenter Server performance graphs and alarms; Describe and monitor tasks; Describe, monitor, and manage events; Describe, monitor, manage, and acknowledge alarms.
Course Detail 3:
6. Using vSphere vApp(s): Describe vApp(s); Explain the benefits of vApp(s); Create, edit, and manage a vApp; Clone a vApp; Manage the power status of a vApp 7. Migrating Virtual Machines: Describe the types of migration; Explain the importance of vSphere vMotion; Identify the host and virtual machine requirements for vSphere vMotion; Explain how to migrate virtual machines using vSphere vMotion; Explain how to migrate storage with vSphere Storage vMotion; Explain how to migrate virtual machines across virtual switches, vCenter Server systems, and long distances.
Course Detail 4:
8. Using vSphere for Scalability and Business Continuity: Explain how vSphere DRS can be used to optimize the performance of the hosts and virtual machines in a cluster; Explain how vSphere HA can be used to increase the availability of your virtual machines; Explain how vSphere FT can be used for continuous availability of a virtual machine; Explain how vSphere Data Protection and vSphere Replication can be used to replicate backup and restore data in your virtual environment.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.