VMware vSphere Troubleshooting Workshop v6 - VSTWV6
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
System administrators, Ã¢â¬Â¢ System integrators
This hands-on training workshop provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve competence in troubleshooting the VMware vSphereÂ® 6 environment. This workshop increases your skill and competence in using the command-line interface, VMware vSphereÂ® Web Client, VMware vRealizeâ¢ Log lnsightâ¢, and other tools to analyze and solve problems
1. Course Introduction: Understand the course objectives; Understand the scope and topics covered by the course; Become familiar with online technical resources; Become familiar with the VMware education system and certification tracks. 2. Introduction to Troubleshooting: Identify the effects of a system problem; Define the troubleshooting scope; Use a structured approach; Understand the troubleshooting principals; Follow a logical troubleshooting procedure; Troubleshooting examples.
Course Detail 1:
3. Troubleshooting Tools: Use command-line tools to identify and troubleshoot problems; Use VMware vSphereÂ® Management Assistant; Locate and interpret important log files; Export relevant log files for technical support; Use vRealize Log Insight for log aggregation and problem analysis; Use vRealize Log Insight for efficient log search. 4. Networking: Identify the symptoms of network-related problems; Analyze and resolve standard and distributed switch issues; Analyze virtual machine connectivity issues and restore them; Examine common management network connectivity issues and restore configurations; Identify and prevent potential problems.
Course Detail 2:
5. Storage: Troubleshoot storage (iSCSI, NFS, VMFS, and VSAN) connectivity problems; Analyze hardware malfunction and software misconfiguration scenarios; Identify multipathing-related issues, including PDL and APD; Analyze possible causes, recover from the faulty conditions, and restore storage visibility. 6. vSphere Clusters: Identify and recover from vSphere HA related issues; Analyze and troubleshoot various types of vSphere vMotion issues related to virtual machine migrations; Discuss and recover from vSphere DRS problems to achieve proper function and balanced resource use; Examine vSphere cluster failure scenarios and possible solutions.
Course Detail 3:
7. vCenter Server and ESXi: Understand the vCenter Server and Platform Services Controller (PSC) architecture in vSphere 6; Identify and resolve authentication issues; Troubleshoot VMware Certificate Authority (VMCA) and certificate store issues; Analyze and fix vCenter Server services issues; Examine ESXi host and vCenter Server failure scenarios and resolve the issues. 8. Virtual Machines: Analyze and resolve common virtual machine snapshot issues; Identify possible causes and resolve virtual machine power-on issues; Troubleshoot virtual machine connection state issues; Resolve problems seen during VMware Toolsâ¢ installations; Discuss content library and identify common misconfigurations; Examine failure scenarios and provide solutions.
Required prerequisites include completion of one of the following:
- VMware Certified Professional 6 â Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V6]
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V6]
- Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server. Experience working with a command-line interface is highly recommended.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.