CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-401) (CompTiaSec_SY0-401)
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Duration: 5
- Language: English
- Audience: Networking Professionals
- 100% Satisfied or your money back
- Cancellation Free Schedule
- Version Upgrade Discount
- Corporate Resource Guarantee
This course can benefit you in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-401) certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of computer security. Today's job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your computer security skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any security-related role.
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as Mac OS X, Unix, or Linux; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
- Identify the fundamental concepts of computer security.
- Identify security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Manage data, application, and host security.
- Implement network security.
- Identify and implement access control and account management security measures.
- Manage certificates.
- Identify and implement compliance and operational security measures.
- Manage risk.
- Troubleshoot and manage security incidents.
- Plan for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Topic A: The Information Security Cycle
- Topic B: Information Security Controls
- Topic C: Authentication Methods
- Topic D: Cryptography Fundamentals
- Topic E: Security Policy Fundamentals
- Topic A: Social Engineering
- Topic B: Malware
- Topic C: Software-Based Threats
- Topic D: Network-Based Threats
- Topic E: Wireless Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Topic F: Physical Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Topic A: Manage Data Security
- Topic B: Manage Application Security
- Topic C: Manage Device and Host Security
- Topic D: Manage Mobile Security
- Topic A: Configure Security Parameters on Network Devices and Technologies
- Topic B: Network Design Elements and Components
- Topic C: Implement Networking Protocols and Services
- Topic D: Apply Secure Network Administration Principles
- Topic E: Secure Wireless Traffic
- Topic A: Access Control and Authentication Services
- Topic B: Implement Account Management Security Controls
- Topic A: Install a CA Hierarchy
- Topic B: Enroll Certificates
- Topic C: Secure Network Traffic by Using Certificates
- Topic D: Renew Certificates
- Topic E: Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
- Topic F: Revoke Certificates
- Topic A: Physical Security
- Topic B: Legal Compliance
- Topic C: Security Awareness and Training
- Topic D: Integrate Systems and Data with Third Parties
- Topic A: Risk Analysis
- Topic B: Implement Vulnerability Assessment Tools and Techniques
- Topic C: Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Topic D: Mitigation and Deterrent Techniques
- Topic A: Respond to Security Incidents
- Topic B: Recover from a Security Incident
- Topic A: Business Continuity
- Topic B: Plan for Disaster Recovery
- Topic C: Execute DRPs and Procedures
- Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA Security+ Exam SY0-401
To ensure your success in your course, you should possess basic Windows user skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking one of the following LogicalCHOICE courses:
- Using Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Transition from Windows 7
CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, or equivalent knowledge, and six to nine months experience in networking, including configuring security parameters, are strongly recommended. Students can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking any of the following LogicalCHOICE courses:
- CompTIA A+: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-801 and 220-802)
- CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-005)
Additional introductory courses or work experience in application development and programming, or in network and operating system administration for any software platform or system are helpful but not required. For instance, to gain experience with managing Windows Server 2012, you could take any or all of the following LogicalCHOICE courses:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012: Installation and Configuration
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012: Administration
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012: Configuring Advanced Services
Subject Matter Expert
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.