This course discusses the different way that employees and employers can work to create a workplace that is both honest and theft-free. First, the course introduces the common problem of misuse of company resources. In this course you will learn some of the reasons why employees steal and how you can prevent theft and promote honesty in your place of work. Next, this course introduces the very common problems of travel and expense abuse. In this course you will learn about the types of employees who falsify reimbursement reports, some of the schemes they use, and how best to combat this type of abuse. Identity theft is discussed in this course. In this course you will learn the best ways to prevent identity theft in the workplace. You will also learn about the Federal Trade Commission's Red Flags Rule, which teaches you how to spot possible instances of identity theft.Also, this course discusses the importance of of accurately reporting financial information. This course will discuss the importance of fair and honest financial reporting while also providing insight to barriers you may encounter along the way.. This course will teach you what competitive intelligence and intellectual property is, and how competitive intelligence can be collected ethically and what type of sources you should avoid when collecting information. This course concludes with a discussion of how to negotiate ethically with customers. You will learn some tips for negotiating fairly and the great advantages your company will experience when negotiating in a way that is honest and ethical.
At the conclusion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the affects of dishonesty and theft.
- Outline nine ways employee theft can be prevented.
- Identify how best to handle employee theft.
- Define travel and expense abuse.
- Describe strong internal controls that can be employed to help prevent this type of abuse.
- Define “identity theft.”
- Describe what identity thieves need and how they can obtain their information.
- Discuss the importance of fairness and honesty in financial reporting.
- Describe the four key assumptions in GAAP.
- Discuss some of the common barriers to accurate financial reporting
- Describe what competitive intelligence brings to a business.
- Describe how the collection of competitive intelligence can cross over into industrial espionage
- Summarize the process of negotiating.
- Discuss some of the consequences of deceptive tactics.
- Apply tips for negotiating fairly and ethically.
This course focuses on the following topics:
- Employee Theft
- Preventing and Handling Theft in the Workplace
- Promoting Honesty
- What is Travel and Expense Abuse?
- Who Does It and Why?
- Schemes, Consequences, and Prevention of Travel and Expense Abuse
- Preventing Identity Theft
- Red Flags Rule
- Financial Reports
- Accounting Principles
- Barriers to Accurate Financial Reporting
- Collecting Competitive Intelligence
- Industrial Espionage
- Deceptive Negotiation Tactics and Their Consequences
Subject Matter Expert
This course is created and brought to you by 360training, a leading provider of accredited e-learning courses to working professionals through today's leading schools, associations and corporations. 360training's high-quality e-learning courses assist thousands of working professionals in a wide range of disciplines, helping them to succeed in today's marketplace, to renew licenses, to acquire certification or to prepare for a new profession.
This course was created by the instructional design staff of 360training in connection with field professionals whose many years of experience in adult educational theory and distance learning technology make the process of certification, compliance and training as convenient, engaging and cost-effective as possible.
If you have any requests for technical or instructional support, then please contact the 360training Support Department located in the HELP section of your account profile. Technical support inquiries are handled immediately; instructional support questions are answered within 24 business hours, with information provided by a qualified professional in your field through our network of subject matter experts.
End of Course Instructions
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to print a certificate of completion from your training page.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.