Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) - Comprehensive Course
Enroll in Just This Course - $30.00
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Duration: 1
This course begins by providing an overview of the rules and regulations associated with the Federal Acquisition Regulation, known as the FAR for short. In this course, you will learn about FAR subchapters and clauses and you will learn how supplements work. You will also learn the consequences of not complying with the FAR.
Next, this course introduces the Truth and Negotiations Act (TINA). In this course you will learn the purpose of TINA and the criteria that must be met to be in compliance with the Act.Also, this course outlines FAR subpart 9.5. In this course you will learn what this section of FAR covers and the responsibilities of contracting officers. You will also learn about some of the problems faced by contractors and how those conflicts can be resolved.
Finally, this course discusses the Procurement Integrity Act, as outlined in section 3.104 of the FAR. In this course you will learn what is covered under the procurement integrity provisions of the FAR and the three major provisions in the Act. You will also learn about some of the responsibilities of agencies and bidders and the penalties that result from violating this section of the FAR.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the FAR, what it does, and how it works.
- Discuss the eight subchapters of the FAR.
- Describe the purpose of the Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA).
- Summarize the specific criteria that must be met for contracts and subcontracts to be in compliance with TINA.
- Identify how cost or pricing data effects TINA
- Describe the four common situations outlined in FAR 9.505 that make things difficult for contractors.
- Outline how conflicts are resolved.- Summarize the Procurement Integrity Act.
- Describe the three major provisions of the Procurement Integrity Act
- Describe the two types of information that have been banned from disclosing or obtaining.
- Outline the various types of source selection information (SSI).
- Describe some of the penalties that result from violating the procurement integrity requirements of the FAR.
This course focuses on the following topics:
- FAR Subchapters, Clauses, ad Supplements
- FAR and the Truth and Negotiations Act (TINA)
- Criteria and Compliance
- Cost or Pricing Data
- Organizational and Consultant Conflicts of Interest
- Far Subpart 9.5
- FAR 3.104: Procurement Integrity
Subject Matter Expert
This course is created and brought to you by 360training, a leading provider of accredited e-learning courses to working professionals through today's leading schools, associations and corporations. 360training's high-quality e-learning courses assist thousands of working professionals in a wide range of disciplines, helping them to succeed in today's marketplace, to renew licenses, to acquire certification or to prepare for a new profession.
This course was created by the instructional design staff of 360training in connection with field professionals whose many years of experience in adult educational theory and distance learning technology make the process of certification, compliance and training as convenient, engaging and cost-effective as possible.
This course is intended to provide a preparatory understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulation. Therefore, this couse does not require a final exam or assessment.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235