This course introduces the rules behind the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). In this course you will first, learn the definition of bribery, as outlined by the FCPA, and you will learn about the importance of transparent accounting. Next, you will learn the FCPA's definition of a government official. In some cases, it's not as clear cut as you may think. This course will help you understand the concepts of compliance, due diligence, and oversight as it pertains to complying with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. In addition, the course introduces the Books and Records and Internal Control Provisions of the FCPA. This course will teach you about recommended internal accounting controls and the importance of accounting policies. Finally, this course discusses the concept of facilitating payments through the use of 'grease money'; or exceptions to anti-bribery provisions. You will learn about routine governmental actions and what they cover, as well as what's excluded from these actions.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Summarize what the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) is about.
- Define “bribery,” as outlined by the FCPA.
- List some of the private persons considered to be government employees by the FCPA.
- Describe the role of the board of directors as it pertains to internal accounting controls.
- Identify some of the “red flags” that demand further scrutiny
- Outline what provisions consultancy agreements should include.
- Discuss “willful ignorance”
- Summarize the Books and Records and Internal Control provisions of the FCPA.- List the four recommended internal accounting controls.
- Identify what accounting policies should address.
- Summarize the “grease” exception to anti-bribery provisions.
- Define “routine governmental actions” and outline what these actions cover.
This lesson focuses on the following topics:
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA): What You Need to Know
- Defining Bribery - Defining Government Officials
- Complying with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Due Diligence and Red Flags
- Payment and Consultancy Agreements
- Books, Records, and Internal Controls Provisions
- Accounting Controls
- Facilitating Payments
- The Exception
- Routine Governmental Actions
Subject Matter Expert
This course was created by the instructional design staff of 360training in connection with field professionals whose many years of experience in adult educational theory and distance learning technology make the process of certification, compliance and training as convenient, engaging and cost-effective as possible.
End of Course Instructions
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.