Import and Export Controls (Comprehensive Course)
Enroll in Just This Course - $30.00
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Duration: 1
This course introduces an brief overview of import controls and export controls. First, you will learn about import controls, which restricts what can enter our country. In this course, you will learn the five steps of clearance and what each step entails. You will also learn about some of the items that are restricted from entering our country and why. Then, the course shifts to the topic export controls. In this course, you will first learn why it's so important to have these controls, as well as the factors that they depend on. You will also learn about the government agencies that manage export licensing transactions and why might occur if your company is found guilty of violating export regulations. This course talks more specifically about the rules and regulations associated with commercial exports. You will learn how to identify whether or not you need a commercial export license and you will be walked through the steps necessary to export an item. You will also learn about the items listed on the U.S. Munitions List and the steps you must take if you want to export arms. You will also learn what your policy should cover as it pertains to being in compliance with defense trade laws and regulations.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the two organizations that can expedite the import process.
- List the five steps of clearance.- Contrast formal and informal entries of goods.
- Describe the role of The Office of Foreign Assets Control as it pertains to imports
- Describe the four factors export controls depend on.
- List the three main reasons for export controls.
- List the three government agencies that manage a majority of export licensing transactions and summarize what each agency does.
- Identify what the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) is responsible for as it pertains to exporting.
- Summarize the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Summarize the steps that must be taken to export your item.
- Describe the penalties associated with violating exporting laws.
- Summarize why the U.S. Government regulates defense exports.
- List some of the items on the DDTC's United States Munitions List.
- Describe the necessary steps that must be taken to export arms.
- Summarize the Licensing Review Process' purpose.
- Outline the seven topics your policy regarding compliance with defense trade laws and regulations should cover.
This course focuses on the following topics:
- Types of Imports and Agencies that can Help
- Clearance and Entry
- Formal vs. Informal Entries of Goods
- Export Licensing Transactions
- Red Flags
- Commercial Export License
- Commercial Trade Laws and Regulations
- Defense Exports
- Defense Export Compliance and Penalties
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235