6234-Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2008
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe how SQL Server Analysis Services can be used to implement analytical solutions.
- Create multidimensional analysis solutions with SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Implement dimensions and cubes in an Analysis Services solution.
- Implement measures and measure groups in an Analysis Services solution.
- Query a multidimensional Analysis Services solution.
- Customize an Analysis Services cube.
- Deploy and secure an Analysis Services database.
- Maintain a multidimensional Analysis Services solution.
- Implement a Data Mining solution.
This module introduces common analysis scenarios and describes how Analysis Services provides a powerful platform for multidimensional OLAP solutions and data mining solutions. The module then describes the main considerations for installing Analysis Services.
- Overview of Data Analysis Solutions
- Overview of SQL Server Analysis Services
- Installing SQL Server Analysis Services
- Lab: Using SQL Server Analysis Services
- (Level 200) Installing SQL Server Analysis Services
- (Level 200) Verifying Installation
- Describe data analysis solutions.
- Describe the key features of SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Install SQL Server Analysis Services.
This module introduces the development tools you can use to create an Analysis Services multidimensional analysis solution, and describes how to create data sources, data source views, and cubes.
- Developing Analysis Services Solutions
- Creating Data Sources and Data Source Views
- Creating a Cube
- Lab: Creating Multidimensional Analysis Solutions
- (Level 200) Creating a Data Source
- (Level 200) Creating and Modifying a Data Source View
- (Level 200) Creating and Modifying a Cube
- Develop Analysis Services solutions.
- Create a data source and a data source view.
- Create a cube.
This module describes how to edit dimensions and to configure dimensions, attributes, and hierarchies.
- Configuring Dimensions
- Defining Attribute Hierarchies
- Sorting and Grouping Attributes
- Lab: Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- (Level 200) Configuring Dimensions
- (Level 200) Defining Relationships and Hierarchies
- (Level 200) Sorting and Grouping Dimension Attributes
- Configure dimensions.
- Define hierarchies.
- Sort and group attributes.
This module explains how to edit and configure measures and measure groups.
- Working With Measures
- Working with Measure Groups
- Lab: Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- (Level 200) Configuring Measures
- (Level 200) Defining Dimension Usage and Relationships
- (Level 200) Configuring Measure Group Storage
- Work with measures.
- Work with measure groups.
This module introduces multidimensional expressions (MDX) and describes how to implement calculated members and named sets in an Analysis Services cube.
- MDX Fundamentals
- Adding Calculations to a Cube
- Lab: Querying Multidimensional Analysis Solutions
- (Level 200) Querying a Cube by Using MDX
- (Level 200) Creating a Calculated Member
- (Level 200) Defining a Named Set
- Describe Multidimensional Expression (MDX) fundamentals.
- Add calculations to a cube.
This module explains how to customize a cube by implementing key performance indicators (KPIs), actions, perspectives, and translations.
- Implementing Key Performance Indicators
- Implementing Actions
- Implementing Perspectives
- Implementing Translations
- (Level 200) Implementing a KPI
- (Level 200) Implementing an Action
- (Level 200) Implementing a Perspective
- (Level 200) Implementing a Translation
- Implement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Implement actions.
- Implement perspectives.
- Implement translations.
This module describes how to deploy an Analysis Services database to a production server, and how to implement security in an Analysis Services multidimensional solution.
- Deploying an Analysis Services Database
- Securing an Analysis Services Database
- Lab: Deploying and Securing an Analysis Services Database
- (Level 200) Deploying an Analysis Services Database
- (Level 200) Securing an Analysis Services Database
- Deploy an Analysis Services database.
- Secure an Analysis Services database.
This module discusses the maintenance tasks associated with an Analysis Services solution, and describes how administrators can use the Analysis Services management tools to perform them.
- Configuring Processing
- Logging, Monitoring, and Optimizing an Analysis Services Solution
- Backing Up and Restoring an Analysis Services Database
- (Level 200) Configuring Processing
- (Level 200) Implementing Logging and Monitoring
- (Level 200) Backing Up and Restoring an Analysis Services Database
- Configure processing settings.
- Log, monitor, and optimize an Analysis Services solution.
- Back up and restore an Analysis Services database.
This module introduces data mining, and describes how to implement data mining structures and models. It then explains how to validate data model accuracy.
- Overview of Data Mining
- Creating a Data Mining Solution
- Validating Data Mining Models
- Lab: Introduction to Data Mining
- (Level 200) Creating a Data Mining Structure
- (Level 200) Adding a Data Mining Model
- (Level 200) Exploring Data Mining Models
- (Level 200) Validating Data Mining Models
- Describe data mining.
- Create a data mining solution.
- Validate data mining models.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Conceptual understanding of OLAP solutions.
- Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows Server environment.
- Experience with Windows services (starting and stopping).
- Experience creating service accounts and permissions.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including:
- SQL Server Agent.
- SQL Server query language (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE).
- SQL Server System tables.
- SQL Server accounts (users and permissions).
Subject Matter Expert
Productivity Point Global is led by a team of individuals with world-class experience in professional development skills and leading edge technologies. These established professionals collaborate to drive PPG's business forward through entrepreneurial innovation, strategic partnerships, brand management and sales growth.
Productivity Point Global, previously ExecuTrain of Florida, began in 2003 and evolved out of a desire to increase our outreach both nationally and internationally. Utilizing the highest standard in customer service combined with our subject matter experts and high-end training venues, PPG has carved a niche by consistently expanding our corporate and government client base, originally hosted in the southeastern region of the US.
By consistently setting quality as the benchmark of our value system, PPG combines strategic partnerships and cutting edge technology with our determined efforts to branch out into other regions. PPG's combination of technology and professional skills training, IT outsourcing, and event hosting enables us to place a focused emphasis on the diversified business needs of our clients.
For more info please visit: http://www.productivitypoint.com/
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.