The purpose of this videotape is to continue on from SPT 19 the discussion of telecommunications protection. While SPT 19 presented protection devices, this module focuses on specific installation practice and typical configurations. After study of the course and associated workbook, participants should be able to understand the following overall concepts and apply them to their day-to-day activities. They will also be able to answer related questions on these subjects: Definition of types of communication service, Definition of SPO classification; A, B, C, Level of voltage rise at station, Protection requirements for different SPO classification and voltage level rise, HVSP configurations for different circuits, Location of protection (TELCO, RDL, HVI, NI), Selection and limitation of protectors, Grounding arrangements at RDL, TELCO and HVI, Grounding of dedicated cable sheath, Isolating of dedicated cable sheath, Surge arrester connections, Centre tapped isolating transformer as MDR, Location and mounting of HVI cabinet, Grounding of HVI, Installation of neutralizing transformer (typical), Need for rubber gloves, Primary winding connections to station and RDL grounds, Use of spare conductors in dedicated cable, Protection of unassigned pairs in dedicated cable, Connection of secondary windings, Insulation of isolating transformer (typical), HVI layout, terminal strips, ground bus, Remote side wiring, Station side wiring, Cable connections, Connection of protectors and MDRs, Circuit identification and documentation, Modular HVI, Installation pitfalls, Maintenance and inspection items, Safety considerations.
If you are taking this course for NERC credit, the following credits will be reported.
NERC CE HOURS: CE HOURS = 4.00 OPS Topics=4.00 Standards=0.00 Simulation=0.00 EO=0.00
- Trainees will be able to define the different classifications of communications circuits and explain how the classifications impacts the protection recommended for these circuits.
- Trainees will be able to describe factors affecting the degree of protection required for communications circuits and the locations at which protection is commonly installed.
- Trainees will be able to describe essential details that must considered when installing both HVSP protection schemes systems and standard telephone line protection.
- Trainees will be able to describe the location and installation of the high voltage interface (HVI) cabinet.
- Trainees will be able to describe the main features of a neutralizing transformer installation.
- Trainees will be able to describe the application of isolating transformers for the protection of communications circuits entering power stations.
- Trainees will be able to describe a typical installation procedures for a HVSP system consisting of isolating transformers.
- Trainees will be able to describe key points of a communication circuit protection scheme that must have periodic inspection.
- Trainees will be able to describe typical pitfalls that are associated with the installation of telecom circuit protection schemes.
SEGMENT A - APPLICATION OF TRANSFORMER TAP CHANGERSSEGMENT B - IN-LINE VOLTAGE REGULATORS SEGMENT C - VOLTAGE REGULATION BY CAPACITORS
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations on completing the course! Your credits earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP.net within 30 days of completion. Once we report your completion at RCEP.net, you will receive a certificate of completion provided by RCEP on the email address you have provided at the time of enrollment. Please keep the certificate for your record. You may be required to submit this certificate to the state to record your PDH or present it in case if you are audited. If you have any questions or concerns please contact customer service at http://www.360trainingsupport.com
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.