The learning is structured in a practical way. There is a workbook which we work through together. You can pause the video at any point, have a go at the exercise yourself, and then watch the video, or watch the video, do the exercise, and then check your answers.
There are various tasks to complete. You are given the task to do and have a go at, and then the video answer is available. It is suggested that you:
Read the task
Watch the video
Have a go at it yourself on your own system
Rewatch the video (if necessary) - to reinforce the learning
You'll learn about double entry bookkeeping, petty cash, partnership accounts, how a solicitors office should run, keeping accounting records, recording transactions, residual balances, client account, office account, vat, methods of dealing with interest, how a solicitors office should run - amongst over things.
This is a useful course if:
- You are thinking of working in solicitors accounts
- You are going for jobs which have a requirement for you to know about the solicitors accounts rules
- You want to put this skill on your CV, or
- You are a bookkeeper or accountant and are thinking of taking on legal clients (solicitors, lawyers)
- You are a bookkeeper and want to 'get into' solicitors accounts
The course materials includes a 100+ page workbook.
The course will take about 12 hours to complete.
It is relevant to the UK market (solicitors and lawyers)."
- Bookkeepers, Legal cashiers and Accountants
- Students who are going for jobs where the requirement is to know about the solicitors accounts rules
- Those who have studied accounting, but want specifically to know about accounting in law firms
- "By the end of the course you will have a better understanding and grasp of the bookkeeping function within a law firm in England & Wales (UK)
- In this course, you will learn about:
- Double entry bookkeeping
- Petty Cash
- Partnership accounts
- How a solicitors office should run
- How to keep accounting records
- Recording transactions
- Transfering client ledgers
- Inter client transfers
- Residual balances
- Mixed money
- VAT introduction
- Bad debts
- Deposit interest and client interest
- Designated deposit accounts
- Property and probate"
- Section 1: Getting Started
- Section 2: Bookkeeping
- Section 3: Solicitors Office
- Section 4: Recording transactions
- Section 5: VAT - Value Added Tax
- Section 6: Sundry Receipts
- Section 7: Interest
- Section 8: Scenarios
- Section 9: Excercises
An interest in accounting - whether you've studied it before or want to know more
Solicitors accounts and/or doing accounting for solicitors (especially in England, UK)
Subject Matter Expert
Lisa's books include: How to write a book in two weeks, Constant Cashflow, Make the most of your money, How to start your own bookkeeping business, Cosmic ordering with Vision Boards and Quickbooks Online The Handbook. Some of the books are in audio-format on itunes and audible.
Lisa supports the charity The MS Society. A speaker, coach, consultant and an avid networker, Lisa enjoys meeting people and working on projects with like-minded individuals.
In her spare time, Lisa likes traveling, dancing salsa, writing books, learning languages, meditation and cosmic ordering."
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.