Unfortunately, workplace violence has become an important safety and health issue in the workplace today. Homicide is the second leading cause of fatal occupational injury in the United States and is the leading cause of occupational fatalities among women. This course uses OSHA guidelines and recommendations to reduce worker exposures to this hazard. This training provides the employee with information on how to recognize workplace security hazards and risk factors, measures to prevent workplace assaults, and what to do when an assault occurs including emergency action and post-emergency procedures.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Define workplace violence and describe the different types that can occur.
- Identify potential risk factors for workplace violence.
- Spot behaviors and physical "warning signs" of potentially violent individuals.
- Describe the violence prevention policies and procedures that help reduce incidents of workplace violence.
- Take steps to protect yourself and others.
- Respond appropriately to threatening or violent situations should they occur.
- Know the company's Violence-Free Policy and procedures for reporting threatening or violent behavior.
This course focuses on the following topic areas
- Differentiate between the various types of workplace violence.
- Discuss the different manifestations of violence.
- Define the effects of workplace violence on the victim, co-workers, and the organization.
- Summarize the various methods that can be used to minimize and prevent workplace violence.
- State what a Workplace Violence Prevention Program is, and how it can be developed and implemented
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.