Mold and the Insurance Industry
2 Learner Reviews -
Save 15% today! Discount applied in cart.
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Credit Hours: 5
- Language: English
- Credit Type: Property and Casualty
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Audience: Mississippi Licensed Insurance Professional
One of the hottest issues facing the insurance industry today involves toxic mold claims under both personal and commercial lines policies. After several recent multiomillion dollar judgments, attorneys are comparing this to asbestos and lead paint claims with regard to the litigation potential. From the standpoint of commercial exposures, toxic mold claims are beginning to rival 'construction defect' claims in numbers and magnitude. Home and business owners are looking to their insurers and contractors, building material suppliers, plumbers, and others for remuneration for real or perceived property damage and bodily injury. Mold exists everywhere in our environment. Some molds like penicillin are beneficial, while other types of mold can cause health problems. Concern over so-called 'toxic mold' is growing as the medical community begins to understand some of the ailments such mold can cause. Other than EPA and CDC guidelines, there appear to be few, if any, state or federal regulations regarding mold infestations and remediation. Lack of mold awareness also has been part of the problem. The truth is that while liability issues may be debated among insurers, property professionals, and others, uncontrolled mold growth will only heighten property and health claims unless quickly checked and remediated. The goal of this course is to increase awareness of mold and its affect on the insurance industry.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Know and identify Mold Facts and Misconceptions.
- Know how Toxic Mold Investigations are conducted.
- Understand Toxic Mold and the importance of Remediation.
- Understand the affects of Mold Contaminants on Property and Medical Insurance.
- Understand General Liability and Mold Contamination.
- Know and identify Trends in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Identify Professional Liability Expenses resulting from Mold
- Understand how Workers Compensation works for Toxic Mold cases.
- Understand how Claims are processed for Mold.
- Know and understand Homeowners Insurance.
Mold and the Insurance Industry - Mississippi Commissioner of Insurance
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. 360training or a 3rd party affiliate of 360training will report your credit hours to the Department of Insurance within 15 days. You may also now print your completion certificate online. Keep in mind that certificates of completion must be kept on file for 5 years.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.