The Management of Capital
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Credit Hours: 2
- Language: English
- Credit Type: General
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Audience: Tennessee Licensed Insurance Professionals
This course provides an overview of concepts related to the management of capital. The cost associated with capital is rarely reflected on the Income Statement. Accordingly, many financial managers mistakenly think there is no cost of capital. Therefore, one of the first steps in managing capital is to calculate the cost of capital. The course illustrates how cost of capital is calculated as the weighted average of each capital component - Long Term debt, common stock, preferred stock, and retained earnings.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to understand:
- The Economics of Capital
- Basic Considerations in Managing Capital
- Approaches to Managing Capital
- Over All Cost Capital Calculation
- Cost of Equity and Risk
- Factors In Decision Making
- Refinancing Risk
- Floatation Cost
- Marginal Cost of Capital
- EBIT / EPS Comparison
- Assessing Risk
- Targeted Debt Levels
- Investment Bankers
- Initial Public Offerings (IPO's)
- Private Placements
Management of Capital - Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance
- Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 500 James Robertson Parkway
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your continuing education course. You may now print your certificate online. Keep in mind that you must keep a copy of each certificate of completion on file for 2 years after your renewal date. If you carry over CE credits to the next 2 year license term, then you must keep the certificate of completion on file for 4 years for the courses carried forward. Licensees are responsible for CE reporting and license renewal directly to the Alaska Department of Insurance (DOI). Licensees are required to to report course completions when renewing licenses. The Alaska DOI provides a Continuing Education (CE) Report Form that needs to be filled out with course completions and notarized prior to license expiration. This CE Report Form should only be given to the DOI in case of an audit. The form can be found here: http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/ins/Insurance/programs/Licensing/CE/CE%20Reporting%20Form.pdf
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.