Introduction to ISO 14000
The need for a good environmental standard was felt due to the rapid growth of environmental pollution. The ISO 14000 series was started in 1992 to develop an international standard of safe environmental practices - it was a result of Uruguay round of the GATT negotiations and the Rio Summit on the Environment.
The primary purpose of ISO 14000 series is to prevent pollution, protect the environment and improve the environmental performance of all kinds of organizations.
This course has been designed to provide basic knowledge about the environment, environment management systems (EMS), ISO 14000, the relation between ISO 9000 and 14000, the integration of ISO 14001 and 9001, and the requirements of ISO 14001.
Lesson 1: Environment, Environmental Management and ISO 14000
- Environment and Environmental Management
- What is ISO?
- ISO 14000 Series
- ISO 14001 and Environmental Management
- ISO 14000 versus 9000
- Integration of ISO 14001 and ISO 9001
Lesson 2: ISO 14001 Requirements
- 4.2 Environmental Policy
- 4.3 Planning
- 4.4 Implementation and Operation
- 4.5 Checking
- 4.6 Management Review
- Understand the basics of Environmental Management.
- Understand the benefits of ISO 14000.
- Understand the relationship between ISO 14000 and ISO 9000.
- Develop knowledge of ISO 14000.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy course completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide
What your registration includes:
- Environment study guide
- Environment management systems (EMS) study guide
- Comprehensive study guide explaining the relation between ISO 9000 and 14000, the integration of ISO 14001 and 9001, and the requirements of ISO 14001.
- Auto-bookmarking-Never lose your work!
- Unlimited 24/7 phone and online chat support
- Official, printable Certificate of Completion