Security + Certification Prep (Exam SYO-401)
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
In this course, you'll build on your knowledge and professional experience with computer hardware, operating systems, and networks as you acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network.
- Identify fundamental concepts of computer security
- Identify security threats.
- Harden internal systems and services.
- Harden internetwork devices and services.
- Secure network communications.
- Manage public key infrastructure (pki).
- Manage certificates.
- Enforce organizational security policies.
- Monitor the security infrastructure.
- Topic 1A: Security Building Blocks
- Topic 1B: Authentication Methods
- Topic 1C: Cryptography Fundamentals
- Topic 1D: Security Policy Fundamentals
- Topic 2A: Social Engineering
- Topic 2B: Software-Based Threats
- Topic 2C: Hardware-Based Threats
- Topic 3A: Harden Operating Systems
- Topic 3B: Harden Directory Services
- Topic 3C: Harden DHCP Servers
- Topic 3D: Harden File and Print Servers
- Topic 4A: Harden Internetwork Connection Devices
- Topic 4B: Harden DNS and BIND Servers
- Topic 4C: Harden Web Servers
- Topic 4D: Harden File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Servers
- Topic 4E: Harden Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) Servers
- Topic 4F: Harden Email Servers
- Topic 4G: Harden Conferencing and Messaging Servers
- Topic 5A: Protect Network Traffic with IP Security (IPSec)
- Topic 5B: Secure Wireless Traffic
- Topic 5C: Harden a Web Browser
- Topic 5D: Secure the Remote Access Channel
- Topic 6A: Install a Certificate Authority (CA) Hierarchy
- Topic 6B: Harden a Certificate Authority
- Topic 6C: Back Up a CA
- Topic 6D: Restore a CA
- Topic 7A: Enroll Certificates
- Topic 7B: Secure Network Traffic by Using Certificates
- Topic 7C: Renew Certificates
- Topic 7D: Revoke Certificates
- Topic 7E: Back Up Certificates and Private Keys
- Topic 7F: Restore Certificates and Private Keys
- Topic 8A: Enforce Corporate Security Policy Compliance
- Topic 8B: Enforce Legal Compliance
- Topic 8C: Enforce Physical Security Compliance
- Topic 8D: Educate Users
- Topic 9A: Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Topic 9B: Monitor for Intruders
- Topic 9C: Set Up a Honeypot
- Topic 9D: Respond to Security Incidents
Appendix B: Using Security Utilities
To ensure the successful completion of Security+: CompTIA Certification, we recommend completion of one of the following courses, or equivalent knowledge:
- Basic Windows skills and fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts are required.
- Students can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following Element K courses: Introduction to Networks and the Internet and any one or more of the following: Introduction to Personal Computers: Using Windows 2000 Introduction to Personal Computers: Using Windows XPWindows 2000: IntroductionWindows XP: Introduction Windows XP Professional: Level 1 and Level 2 CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, or equivalent knowledge, and six to nine months experience in networking, including experience configuring and managing TCP/IP, are strongly recommended.
Students can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking all of the following Element K courses:
- A+ Certification: Core Hardware Third Edition A CompTIA CertificationA+ Certification: Operating Systems Third Edition A CompTIA CertificationNetwork+ Certification: 4th Edition A CompTIA Certification Additional introductory courses in operating system administration for Windows, UNIX, Linux, or NetWare are helpful but not required.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.