In this online workshop, we'll learn about some of the common problems that plague PCs. We'll learn what malware is and steps you can take to prevent it. We'll also learn about firewalls and what their role is in PC protection. We'll cover techniques you can use to conduct safer web browsing and safer email. We'll also provide tips for securing your home networks, setting parental controls, and backing up your computer.
- What you'll learn in this training
- Defining malware
- Preventing malware
- Checking the destination of shortened URLs
- Resorting Windows 7 PC
- Restoring Windows 8 PC
- Protecting your Windows 7 PC with Microsoft Security Essentials
- Scheduling scans in Windows 7
- Protecting your Windows 8 PC
- Using Windows Defender in Windows 8
- Using firewalls
- Turning Windows Firewall on or off
- Allowing a program to communicate through Windows Firewall
- General tips for safer Web browsing
- Protecting your passwords
- Presenting general tips for safer email
- Recognizing phishing scams
- Securing your home network
- Setting parental controls
- Using Windows Update
- Backing up your data
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.