FEEDBACK SKILLS FOR LEADERS shows new & even experienced managers the benefits of developing this critical skill, both in giving & receiving feedback. Readers will learn specific techniques for receiving & responding to critical feedback & will learn the positive impact of praise & positive messages. This edition includes new information on how gender & generational differences can impact employees' expectations & how well feedback is received.
- What Is Critical Feedback?
- The Impact of Gender on Feedback
- Gender Communication & Leadership
- Generational Differences in Feedback
- Influence of Parental Messages
- Critical Feedback Messages to Watch Out For
- Counteracting SelfâCriticism & Past Messages
- Changing Your Beliefs About Critical Feedback
- How We Perceive Critical Feedback
- Types of Critical Feedback
- Three Stages of Response
- Assertive Techniques to Deal with Criticism
- Technique 1: Fogging
- Technique 2: Admitting the Truth
- Technique 3: Requesting Specific Feedback
- Ten Tips for Handling Feedback
- Barriers to Giving Constructive Feedback
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Benefits of Voicing Feedback Regularly
- Understanding Constructive Feedback:
- Step 1: Set Realistic Goals & Expectations
- Step 2: Research the Facts
- Step 3: Choose Your Timing
- Step 4: Be Specific, Using the DASR Script
- Providing Feedback with ""I"" Statements
- Step 5: Monitor & Follow Through
- The Impact of Technology on Feedback
- Critiquing Your Manager or Colleague
- Using the DASS Script
- Providing Unsolicited Feedback
- Turning Complaints into Proposals
- The Powerful Impact of Praise
- Rethinking Barriers to Praising Others
- Guidelines for Giving Positive Feedback
- Public vs. Private Praise
- Praising Upward
- Five Steps in Discussing Recurring Problems
- The Importance of Follow-Up
Subject Matter Expert
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.