The 2013 State of Inbound Marketing report from HubSpot reveals that nearly 50% of businesses acquire customers from leads generated by their blogs - just behind Facebook and LinkedIn.
Your blog could become the determining factor in a customer's decision to choose you over your competition.
Blogging can help you market your business, establish yourself as a thought leader, get the word out about your causes, and make yourself more attractive to potential employers.
This condensed and comprehensive course will get you up and running using WordPress.com to its full potential in no time.
Business owners, entrepreneurs, marketers, social media strategists, students, job seekers, and casual bloggers will all benefit from taking this course.
Follow author, developer, and new media pioneer, Deltina Hay, as she walks you through the process of setting up and developing your WordPress blog in her typical no-nonsense teaching style.
Using a real-world example from scratch, Deltina shows you hands-on how to:
- Take full advantage of the many features and settings within the WordPress platform
- Publish optimized blog posts with embedded links, images, video, and galleries
- Utilize all the WordPress formatting options within your posts and pages
- Choose the right theme for your blog, and customize it to your liking
- Use posting formats to get the best exposure for your embedded media
- Create static pages, custom menus, and populate your sidebars (columns) with widgets
- Integrate your blog with your other social media accounts, create custom widgets, and implement other advanced features
- Don't put that blog off any longer! Take the course today, and be blogging like a pro tomorrow.
- Business owners, entrepreneurs, solopreneurs
- Marketing and PR professionals
- Students, job seekers, career enhancers
- Anyone who wants to learn the WordPress.com platform for business or pleasure
- By the end of this course you will have a fully developed and optimized WordPress.com blog
- Learn all the settings, features, and options on WordPress.com
- This course will teach you how to effectively format and optimize your blog posts
- Learn how to choose and customize WordPress themes
- This course walks you through how to create custom pages, menus, and widgets
- Learn to integrate your WordPress blog with your other social media accounts
- This course will show you how to populate your sidebars with simple and advanced widgets
- Section 1: Essentials: Getting Started
- Section 2: Essentials: Understanding Settings, Features, and Themes
- Section 3: Essentials: Blogging With WordPress
- Section 4: Bringing Your Blog to the Next Level
- Section 5: Polishing Your Blog and Advanced Features
Internet connectivity is required.The course will walk you through getting a WordPress.com account
Subject Matter Expert
Her first book, The Social Media Survival Guide, is used as a text in colleges and universities worldwide. Her latest book, The Bootstrapperâs Guide to the Mobile Web, helps businesses optimize their mobile web presence. And her upcoming book, The Bootstrapper's Guide to the New Search Optimization, focusing on holistic and organic optimization techniques, will be released in 2015 as a web app.
For nearly 30 years, Ms. Hay has done custom programming, database management, web development, search optimization, and social media marketing consulting for businesses of all sizes. Some of her past clients include Real Simple Magazine, American Greetings, Nestle Toll House, Victoria's Secret, and Kraft. Ms. Hay's graduate education includes computer science, applied mathematics, numerical analysis, and psychology.
Ms. Haysworking knowledge of social media tools and web development concepts make her courses some of the most thorough and accessible in the industry. She focuses on educating businesses on strategies, technologies and tools for creating an optimized presence in the traditional, social, and mobile web.
Ms. Hay developed the graduate-level Social Media Certificate program for Drury University, and contributes to many online sources, including Six Revisions, LinkedIn, Technorati, and SocialMediaBiz.
Ms. Hay is a lifelong learner who loves to share her diverse knowledge and give back to the industries she loves. She is a member of the International Marketing Standards Board and serves as the Board Chair of the Independent Book Publishers Association."
Got Questions? Contact Us
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.