In presenting this material, we have tried to limit the application of mathematics and complicated calculations, preferring instead to demonstrate concepts by the use of powerful animated graphics. However, we cannot dispense with calculations altogether, so I encourage you to stick with us; this material does get more and more interesting as we proceed.
- Identify key responsibilities of the members of the Electrical Safety and Licensing Advisory Board
- Identify the types of licenses issued
- Understand the application requirements for obtaining different types of licenses
- Know the requirements for license renewal and continuing education
- Abide by the regulations laid down by municipal and regional bodies
- Identify the reasons that can lead to license denial and other disciplinary actions
- Understand the experience and general requirements for obtaining a license
- Know the fee for license application and renewal
- Identify the different requirements for obtaining a license
- List the different kinds of documentation required
- Learn about the different responsibilities assigned to licensees
- Identify branch circuit grounded conductors
- Learn branch circuit and ratings
- Comprehend important information concerning Ground-Fault Circuit-Interrupters (GFCI)
- Understand how an arc fault interrupter functions
- Learn the various types of required receptacle and lighting outlets
- Understand the general definition of service equipment
- Comprehend how to properly position and install service equipment like disconnecting means
- Learn how to install overcurrent protection
- Learn how to install ground-fault protection
- Know about overcurrent protection for ungrounded and grounded conductors
- Understand National Electrical Manufacturerâs Association (NEMA) ratings for service equipment
- Learn the National Electric Code (NEC) regulations and follow them
- Explain basic electrical terms and concepts
- Understand the general installation rules for overcurrent protective devices
- Identify and operate major circuit overcurrent protective devices
- Identify common electrical hazards
- Describe the use of electrical test equipment
- Lesson 1: Electron Flow and Ohms Law
- Lesson 2: Circuit Elements
- Lesson 3: Conductors, Insulators, and Safety
- Lesson 4: Fundamentals of Magnetism Properties
- Lesson 1: AC Voltage Generation
- Lesson 2: AC Power in Resistive Circuits
- Lesson 3: Effects of Inductance and Capacitance
- Lesson 4: Power Factor
- Lesson 1: The Impedance Triangle
- Lesson 2: Voltage Drop
- Lesson 3: Introduction to Transformers
- Lesson 4: Transformer Impedance and Regulation
- Lesson 1: Generator Synchronism and Frequency
- Lesson 2: Three Phase Operation
- Lesson 3: Three-Phase Connections
- Lesson 4: Power in Three-Phase Circuits
Subject Matter Expert
This course was created by the instructional design staff of 360training in connection with field professionals whose many years of experience in adult educational theory and distance learning technology make the process of certification, compliance and training as convenient, engaging and cost-effective as possible.
End of Course Instructions
The final exam must be passed successfully with 70% or higher in order to receive your certificate of completion.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.