MSHA New Miner Training
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Duration: 8.58
- Language: English
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Audience: New Surface Miner, Independent Mine Contractor
360Training's MSHA Mining Training package contains 15 courses, including the required 8 hours for MSHA Part 46 compliance training. Whether you are a surface miner or surface miner contractor, start your new job with the best training available. MSHA Part 46 regulations require new miners to complete 24 hours of training within 90 days of their hire date. Four hours of this training must be completed before beginning work at the mine. This MSHA Surface Miner Training will help you stay safe and compliant with comprehensive and interactive training content.
The Following Courses Are Included In This Package:
|Course Name||Industry||Course Delivery|
|Chemical Hazards||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Hazard Communication and Recognition||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Site Rules and Reporting Hazards||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Electrical Hazards||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Surface Mines - Physical Characteristics||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Emergency Procedures||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Rights of Miners and their Representatives||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Surface Mines - Types and Operations||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Environmental Hazards||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Mining Equipment||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Equipment Guarding||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Equipment Hazards||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Physical Hazards||Environmental Health and Safety|
|MSHA Surface Miner Training Overview||Environmental Health and Safety|
|Line of Authority||Environmental Health and Safety|
- Chemical Hazards
- Hazard Communication
- Site Rules and Reporting Hazards
- Electrical Hazards
- Surface Mines - Physical Characteristics
- Emergency Procedures
- Rights of Miners and their Representatives
- Surface Mines - Types and Operations
- Environmental Hazards
- Mining Equipment
- Equipment Guarding
- Equipment Hazards
- Physical Hazards
- MSHA Surface Miner Training Overview
- Line of Authority
End of Course Instructions
The 5000-23 Training form is available for download (http://www.oshacampus.com/msha-training-online/) by clicking the MSHA 5000-23 Certificate of Training Form. Generally, the person signing the form is the Mine Operator or a person acting on behalf of the operator. For example, a company safety official, a trainer employed or contracted by the operator, or a cooperative instructor (such as, a state grantee). 360training.com does NOT sign the 5000-23 form."
Save Big With Group Enrollment
31+ Users? Contact us for pricing.
Use the "Users" box to update number of users and click Enroll Now to apply the discount.
Benefits of Group Purchase:
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why choose 360training.com?
- Empowering safety professionals nationwide for 15 years
- Largest provider of Occupational Safety training
- Over 50,000 students trained each year
Who Should Take MSHA New Miner Training Online?
360training.com's new miner training package is a convenient learning opportunity for miners and contractors who must complete safety training courses to satisfy employee or state requirements:
- Surface miners or contractors who must work in nonmetal mines
- Workers who are involved in the production of cement, feldspar, granite, kaolin, lime, marble, sandstone, shale, slate, and traprock
New miners must take 4 hours of training prior to working in surface mines–and finish 24 hours of training within 90 days of being hired for the job. Additional training may be required in compliance with job-specific regulatory standards.
Do you need to take MSHA Part 46?
New or newly hired miners and contractors are required to undergo safety training programs in compliance with MSHA Part 46 regulations. 360training.com offers online MSHA training classes that are designed to meet your regulatory training requirements!
About 360training.com's New Miner Training Program
This web-based learning package from 360training.com has over 8 hours of MSHA-compliant training. The online bundle includes 15 modules that are strategically created using MSHA Part 46 as a guide. 360training.com has consulted with industry experts to ensure that discussions are in line with these required subjects:
- Overview of the Mining Environment
- Recognizing and Avoiding Hazards
- Reviewing Emergency Procedures
- Health and Safety Aspects of Mining Tasks and Operations
- Understanding the Statutory Rights of Miners
- Learning the Line of Authority
- Reporting Mining Hazards - Rules and Procedures
- Introduction to Respiratory Devices
- Basics of First Aid
What Lies Ahead...
A certificate of completion may be printed upon completing each module. This MSHA-compliant document from 360training.com is comparable to MSHA's 5000-23 form. Contact us or reach out to local regulatory authorities for complete MSHA safety training guidelines.
What your registration includes:
- Quality, MSHA-specific online training
- Course available any day, anytime
- Auto-bookmarking—Never lose your work!
- Immediate, downloadable certificate of completion
- On-staff trainer available
- 100% online, 24x7 support