The objective of this fifth module is to focus attention on the areas of control which are essential for successful boiler operation including; automatic controls, boiler water conditioning, and environmental control.
- The basic control loop
- Control signals; analog and digital
- Typical control system logic:
1. Combustion control
2. ID Fan Control
3. Steam temperature control
4. Drum level control
- Auto-manual change over
- The need for boiler water conditioning
- Scale deposits and their causes
- Continuous blowdown
- Phosphate addition
- Causes of carryover
- Effects of silica in boiler water
- Causes of internal corrosion
- pH control; caustic addition
- Congruent phosphate control
- Removal of O2 and CO2 from feedwater
- Oxygen scavenging; hydrazine
- Source of boiler pollutants
- Environmental effects of pollutants
- Pollution control equipment to reduce emissions of particulates, SOx,
- Treatment of liquid effluents and solid waste
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations of successfully completing your Course!Please take a moment to fill out the NERC survey below:SURVEY
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.