The objective of this module is to review the main features of combined cycle power plants, including major components, auxiliary systems and variations in plant configuration. After completion of this module, the participant will be able to understand the following concepts, and apply them in day-to-day work activities.
This course is non-regulated. The learner does not receive NERC credit upon completion.
- The construction and function of major components.
- The simple cycle industrial gas turbine.
- The aero derivative gas turbine.
- The front end mounted generator.
- Heat recovery.
- Production of steam in the HRSG.
- Steam supply for co-generation.
- Steam turbine cycle.
- Function of the steam turbine condenser.
- Relation between steam turbine power output and gas turbine power output in combined cycle.
- The two two-one configuration, i.e. two gas turbines feeding one steam turbine.
- Combined cycle efficiency compared with fossil fired condensing steam turbine cycle efficiency.
- Advantages of the combined cycle.
- Typical auxiliary systems required to support the major components.
- Typical gas turbine auxiliary systems.
- Typical generator auxiliary systems.
- Control of gaseous emissions to meet environmental standards.
- Monitoring and control systems.
- Steam turbine generator auxiliary systems.
- HRSG auxiliary systems.
- Features of supplementary firing.
- Objectives and responsibilities of the operating team.
- Plant safety.
- Plant maintenance
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations of successfully completing your Course!Please take a moment to fill out the NERC survey below:SURVEY
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.