This course provides an overview of actions, such as transformer tap changing and adding capacitors, the distribution operator takes to maintain voltages at contractual values. Often the distribution operator may accept a temporary overload to maintain customer load even if doing so results in a minor loss of life of certain equipment, such as transformers. The course also discusses load shedding in the case of reduction of voltage and in the case of reduction of transfer capability. Since voltage reduction can involve a large or small area, interaction with the bulk operator and subsequent actions are covered. This course also introduces frequency decay from the interconnection perspective and the use of automatic load shedding relays to arrest frequency decay. This course concludes with load management, its benefits, and its implementation.
8038 Abnormal Operating Conditions - Registered Continuing Education Program RCEP
- Registered Continuing Education Program RCEP
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- American Council of Engineering Companies 1015 15th Street, NW.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.