This course provides both historical and current insight into deregulated markets and how they affect customers and distribution companies. The course examines the significance of the landmark FERC Order No. 888 and Order No. 889, which require all transmission owners to establish an Open Access Same-time Information System and to post for all potential users their transmission capacity and their tariff. The course also discusses the forming of power pools to aggregate, control, and dispatch generation; how generators bid their energy into markets; how clearing prices are established; hedging strategies; and the use of bilateral contracts.
8035 The Effects of Deregulation and Competition - North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)
- North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)
- (609) 452-8060
- (609) 452-9550
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 116-390 Village Boulevard
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.