This course examines the causes of overvoltage conditions on distribution systems, including those that occur during switching operations and those that occur due to natural events such as lightning. The consequences of overvoltage events—including safety, deterioration of equipment, and the impact to customer service—are discussed. The different types of lightning arresters (surge arresters) are detailed, along with specific examples of their application to the distribution system. This course ends with a discussion of insulation coordination and includes both basic impulse and chopped wave tests.
8019 Overvoltage Protection - North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)
- North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)
- (609) 452-8060
- (609) 452-9550
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 116-390 Village Boulevard
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.