CIPTV1 1.0 - Implementing Cisco IP Telephony & Video, Part 1 (CIPTV1)
Date of Class:
Last Day To Enroll:
- Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
- Language: English
- Train Anywhere, Your Home, Office, Or Training Center
- 4x Microsoft Training partner of the year
- Virtual Classrooms With Robust Interactive Environment
- Version Upgrade Discount
- Corporate Resource Guarantee
- Won 23 prestigious Microsoft nation-wide awards
Implementing Cisco IP Telephony & Video, Part 1 (CIPTV1) v1.0 is a five-day course that prepares the learner for implementing a Cisco Collaboration solution at a single-site environment. This course focuses primarily on Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 10.x, which is the call-routing and signaling component for the Cisco Collaboration solution.
Lab exercises included in the course help learners to perform post-installation tasks, configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager, implement MGCP and H.323 and, SIP trunks, and build dial plans to place single site on-cluster and off-cluster calling for voice and video. Learners will also implement media resources, audio and video conferencing, and describe QoS.
The primary target audiences for the course are:
- Network administrators and network engineers
- CCNP Collaboration candidates
Secondary audiences are:
- Systems engineers
Upon Completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the role of Cisco Unified Communication Manager in a Cisco Collaboration Solution, including its functions, architecture, deployment, and redundancy options, and how to deploy endpoints, users, and Cisco IP Phone Services
- Describe the functions and purpose of a dial plan and explain how to implement on-cluster calling.
- Describe how to configure MGCP, H.323 and SIP gateways. The module also describes how to create a dial plan that supports inbound and outbound off-cluster calling for numbers and URIs.
- Describe the types of media resources that Cisco Unfied Communications Manager supports, how to configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager server software-based media resources, and how to implement Cisco hardware-based media resources.
- Describe how to implement audio and video conferencing devices that can be used with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, built-in Cisco Unified Communications Manager software audio bridge, Cisco IOS-based audio and video conferencing bridges, and Cisco TelePresence conferencing products including Cisco TelePresence MSE 8000, Cisco TelePresence Server, Cisco Telepresence MCU, and Cisco TelePresence MCU, and Cisco TelePresence Conductor.
- Provide an introduction to QoS with emphasis on the QoS components, often referred to as the QoS toolkit, that are used to provide services for various business applications.
Module 1: Cisco Unified Communications Manager Introduction
- Lesson 1: Describing the Role of Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Its Architecture, and Its Deployment and Redundancy Options
- Lesson 2: Performing Initial Cisco Unified Communications Manager Configuration
- Lesson 3: Deploying Endpoints and Users
- Lesson 4: Deploying IP Phone Services
Module 2: Dial Plan Introduction and Implementation of Single-Site On-Cluster CallingLesson 1: Describing Dial Plan Components
Module 3: Implementation of Single-Site Off-Cluster CallingLesson 1: Analyzing Single-Site Off-Cluster Calling Requirements
Module 4: Media ResourcesLesson 1: Describing Media Resources in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Module 5: Audio and Video ConferencingLesson 1: Describing Conferencing Devices and Their Functions
Module 6: Quality of ServiceLesson 1: Analyzing Quality of Service Requirements
Labs:Hardware Lab 1: Configuring Cisco Unified Communications Manager Initial Settings
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Working knowledge of fundamental terms and concepts of computer networking, including LANs, WANs, switching and routing
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches and to enable VLANs and DHCP
- Basics of digital interfaces, PSTN, and VoIP
- Fundamental knowledge of converged voice and data networks
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.